° 17 °

Kageyama and Kazumi kept their eyes on Aoba Johsai's captain. The girl heard their coach saying about an injury as Oikawa gave an okay sign to him.

"He's injured?" She murmured.

"Say, Kageyama. Who's the pretty boy?" Tanaka asked, pointing at the brown hair with a glare. "He's really getting on my nerves."

"That's the seijou's captain." Daichi explained to him, surprising Tanaka and Hinata nearby.

"Oikawa." Kageyama began. "He's really an aggressive setter, and I'm sure he's one of the best attackers on the team on top of that."

"Despite how highly you talk about him, he's total jerk to me." Kazumi murmured as Kageyama nodded in agreement.

"T-That's scary, coming from you two!"

"Might even be worse than Tsukishima."

"Sounds horrible." Hinata quivered in fear from hearing his words.

"You know the guy? Does that mean he's from both of your school?" Tanaka asked as he lock his eyes on Seijou's captain.

"Yeah. He was my upperclassman in junior high." Kageyama replied.

"Funny that I never notice him." Kazumi look back at Oikawa but instead she saw her senior looking at her. Iwaizumi smiled to her and gave her a little wave. Kazumi waved back, smiling. Oikawa noticed him waving and looked over.

"Yahoo. Tobio-chan, long time no see." Oikawa greeted. "It's been so long. How's ruling your kingdom coming along?"

Kageyama ignored him and turned to Daichi. "I learned how to serve and block by watching him play. He's seriously good." He saw how Hinata jumped. "But stay focused on the match. We've gotta win this last set."

"G-Got it!"

Kazumi look away and saw how hard Tanaka glared at them. "Tanaka, quit trying to scare him!"

I seriously wanna kill him!" Tanaka yelled out as Oikawa walked away with girls screaming at the distance.

============

The third and last set continued with Karasuno in 15 points while Aoba Jousai in 14 points. After a few spikes from Tanaka, who was fuming out of anger when he kept hearing few girls murmuring about Oikawa, few other spikes from Hinata and blocks from Kageyama and Tsukishima, they had gain 9 points making them a total of 24 points. While Aoba Jousai were 4 points behind.

Kazumi eyed the point board. 'One more point and the set is ours.' She look back at her team to look if they're tired. She saw how determine they all are. She smiled. The turnip head got them a point, making Kazumi frowned. She thought they could get the set until Oikawa was switch with their number 7. 'Ah, now the 'almighty king' is here.'

Kazumi crossed her arms. 'Are they changing their setters? No, Oikawa switch to give a pinch serve.' She suddenly eyed Tsukishima, getting the feeling Oikawa will aimed for him.

And he did.

The ball went off side as it hit the railing where the girls were behind Tsukishima. Kazumi gritted her teeth. 'He's really Kageyama's senior, all right. He knew Tsukishima sucks in receiving and aimed at him instead of Tanaka.'

"That serve was more powerful then Kageyama's. Ah, I could feel my arms shaking if I was there receiving it." Miyuki murmured, gripping her arms.

Oikawa gave another pinch serve towards Tsukishima as the blonde got the ball off sided again, giving Seijou another point.

"Hey, Great King! Throw the ball here! Throw here! Throw here!" Hinata whined.

'Great king?'

Miyuki bit her fingernail. "I'm getting nervous now. In this rate, they would be tied!"

"Don't worry. They can turn the tables around. I just know it." Kazumi murmured next to her.

Oikawa gave yet another one of his jump serve towards Tsukishima. The blonde was able to received it, but the ball went back to Seijou, giving them a chance ball.

"Bad timing, our current rotation is the one with shortest blockers." Suga said out loud, feeling nervous for his teammates.

The turnip head had his chance to spike, but Hinata, being the fast midget he is, was able to block his path.

"Nice one touch!" Kazumi exclaimed, feeling hope.

"Now's our chance!" Daichi yelled out as they all went into defense position.

Hinata quickly went to the other side and jumped, ready to spike Kageyama's toss. Instead of closing, he opened his eyes and glared at Oikawa. He spiked it as the ball went pass his head.

They had won the set.

Kazumi let out her breath, which she doesn't know she had holding it, and smiled. Takeda sat back down as Suga and Miyuki also let out their breaths. Suga saw how shocked their teacher was. "What's wrong?"

That was incredible!"

"Oh, right. It's your first time seeing Kageyama and Hinata's quick attacks in action!" Miyuki replied, smiling at Takeda. She pumped her hands. "Their amazing, right?!"

Suddenly, Kageyama and the others all line up by Takeda and Kazumi and bowed. "Please give us your thoughts!"

Takeda stood back up as Suga whispered. "Something you like a critique, sensei."

"O-Oh, right. I still don't know much about volleyball, but..." He was still shocked to the quick attacks they had pulled off as he remembered how fast they were. "Even I could tell something incredible was going on here. A new school year began, some great first-years joined us, and things didn't go too well at first, but I think I realized something today!"

Takeda continued to said. "Alone, they might be nothing special, but when certain people come together, they form something far greater than the sum of their parts. Even as we speak, there might be encounters taking place that could change the world. It could be anywhere-- like in a faraway country. Or maybe the other side of the Earth. Or they could be taking place in the remote countryside of a tiny island country in the Far East-- in the perfect average volleyball team of a perfectly normal high school."

"Watching the match, I felt something like that had happened at Karasuno. I have nothing to back this belief up, but I still think it's much better than not believing. I'm sure you guys will grow much, much stronger!" Takeda finished as all of the members line up to listened.

Kazumi smiled beside the teacher as he jumped and blushed. "I'm sorry! Was that too flowery?! Did you get weirded out?!"

"N-No! Of course not!" Daichi assured him as Takeda rubbed his back head. Daichi smiled and bowed as the others followed. "Thank you!"

"S-Sure."

Kazumi couldn't stop smiling the whole time and it bring joy to her cousin beside her.