° 28 °

As the boys were practicing their receives, Miyuki had realized something. She looked at her white hair friend, who was waiting for his turn to receive.

'We have two setters on our team, Suga and Kageyama.' She eyed the young setter who was yelling at Hinata. 'I heard that Coach Ukai was having trouble deciding which setter would they pick.'

She grab ahold of the ball that was beside her leg. 'I really want Suga to play, since this year is our last, but...' She look at Suga who was trying to stop the two first-years for yelling at each other. She smiled sadly. '...he might of think about their ticket to win this round. So he's willing to let Kageyama give the spikers the tosses.'

She sighed and gripped the stray ball in her hand, not knowing the said setter was looking at her.

==============

The day had ended as the volleyball members all rest up for the day. Ukai went to the vending machine for a coffee before heading to take his shower, when a voice called out for him.

"Mr. Ukai?" Suga called out as Ukai stopped his tracked and turn to him.

"What's up?"

Suga took a moment to think of what to say before saying. "Us third-years don't have a next year. That's why I want us to win as many matches as possible. I want us to get the ticket to the next match."

Miyuki happened to walked through the connected hallway and heard him. She pressed herself on the wall and peak, seeing him taking to Ukai.

"If Kageyama is the better choice to get that ticket, then I think you should select him without hesitation." Suga said, without flinching.

Ukai gasped a little, surprised that he was willing to give his junior his starting position. Miyuki gripped onto the wall and bit her lips. She saw Daichi and Asahi on the other wall connected to the same hallway as they were, wearing the same expression as she was.

Suga continued. "Daichi and Asahi have been playing together since they were first-years. I want to stand on the same court with them. The longer the better. If Kageyama gets tired or something unavoidable happens, even if I'm just filling a gap or subbing in, even if you pity me for being in this position despite my seniority...if it means I'll have more chances to play in matches, I'll take what I can get."

Miyuki leaned back onto the wall with a sad expression. 'Suga, I know you too well that you wanted this...'

Suga looked down. "I-I'm sorry for coming off so snotty."

"Sugawara." Ukai finally spoke up as Suga look at him. "I believe I underestimated you. To be honest, you're freaking me out right now."

"What?"

"I'm still green as an instructor, but I'll do everything I can to keep you guys on the winning track." Ukai said, full of determination and feeling sorry.

"Thank you." Suga thanked him and bowed.

Miyuki gripped onto her clothed chest and eyed her other friends. Asahi gave her a soft smile following with Daichi smiling at her. Miyuki only gave them a sad smile before turning around through the dark hallway.

===================

"Thank you for the food!"

After having their shower done, they were greeted with food as they took a step in the dining area. After saying their thanks, Hinata and Kageyama gobbled down their bowl full of rice.

"Where do you get that appetite?" Tsukishima murmured as he and Yamaguchi look at them with disgust across the table.

Noya showed up behind them. "Hey, eat up! Force it down if you have to!"

Miyuki look at them and sighed, feeling tired to deal with them now. She took her chopsticks and hold the bowl of rice up before eyeing her white haired friend beside her.

"You've got a healthy appetite today, Suga." Asahi said as Suga ate his own rice.

"Really? I need to fill up so I can work my hardest!" Suga said with a happy tone as he continued to eat.

With sadness and almost teary eyes, she smiled to her friend before eating her own food. She thought of something along her dinner and force out her voice.

"S-Suga. Wanna think of some strategy tonight?" She suggested as Suga look at her.

Suga smiled. "Sure! But I don't want you to stay up late because of me."

"Don't worry. We'll stay up late together until we come up the greatest strategy we could use!"

After dinner was done, Kazumi laid unconscious on her futon as she snore softly. Miyuki was up with her phone light up beside her pillow. She was laying on her stomach with her notebook and pen in hand, writing down some words and drawing. On her screen was a FaceTime with Suga, doing the same thing as she does. She suddenly yawned before continued to writing.

"Miyuki, I don't want you to stay up late for me. I'll be fine." Suga said through her phone.

Miyuki jolt awake. "D-Don't worry about me! I promise you I will help you come up with ways to defeat Nekoma until we're done so that's what I'm doing."

She continued to write down as Suga smiled, looking at her hardworking state. "Miyuki." She look over to him on the phone as he continued. "Thanks for being there for me through these three years of my high school life."

"You're saying that like we're heading away from each other. Please, don't!" Miyuki playfully said and chuckled. Suga laughed quietly.

"I'm serious. Daichi, Asahi and Shimizu are there as well, but not as much as you. So thank you, Miyuki."

Miyuki felt a big smile planted on her face. "Anything for you."

============= 

The next had come as Ukai called them all together to discuss about their plans to defeat their opponents. "This is our starting order for the Nekoma match."

On the board that Ukai was holding up, showed their starting players. On the front row, was Tanaka, Hinata and Daichi. While on the back will be Asahi, Tsukishima with Nishinoya switching and Kageyama. The said players went to their position and stood on the court.

"You guys haven't had much time to get acquainted. I don't expect you to function with mechanical precision." Ukai spoke out. "Just because a hotshot libero is on the team and the ace returned, it doesn't mean that victory is a sure thing. The winner keeps the ball in play. We'll see how far this ragtag team can go. This is Crow versus its nemesis, Cat!"

"Yes, sir!"