° 31 °

After cheering up Hinata from being blocked, Kazumi kept her eyes on Nekoma's number 7. She thought of how fast he learned Hinata's moves and moved with his pace.

She bit her thumb nail nervously as she leaned on the board. "This is bad."

Miyuki nodded, flipping the score. "You know, I think coach Ukai should sub him out. We're losing at this rate."

"If we're on an actual match, we could." Kazumi eyed Ukai, knowing he won't swap Hinata with Tsukishima or somebody else. "Hinata hasn't been to practice matches nor actual ones, so he should figure this out on his own without anybody's help. Besides..."

She pointed at the panting tangerine as he look up with a tired smile on his face, with a somewhat scary glare on his face. Miyuki felt goosebumps behind her neck as she looked at Hinata.

"It looks like he is actually getting excited about it." Although Kazumi said was true, she doesn't know why would he felt like that.

The boys continued on the game. The ball went to Karasuno's side of the court as Noya retrieved it and went to the setter. Kageyama, as said, toss it towards Hinata. What surprises him and the others was that Hinata had his eyes opened. Kazumi had her eyes widened in surprise while Miyuki gasped. "Did Hinata..."

Ukai yelled out for a time out. both the Tama's skipped to them as they all gathered. Kazumi went to Hinata and Kageyama's side as the tangerine head staggered around.

"I-It's not like I don't trust your sets... How can I say it? A-and Kazumi, I know that I should jump high and um..."

"Why are you panicking?" Both the black haired first-years asked in synched.

"Kageyama." Ukai called out. "I want you to give slightly weaker sets to Hinata. Rather than the usual direct delivery..."

"Give him an indirect delivery." Kazumi finished.

"In..."

Ukai nodded. "Rather than the usual powerful, straight trajectory set, it needs to float a little. It will be hard in the beginning, but try to get used to it. It could help him somehow."

Kageyama nodded to the two coaches. "I'll do it."

The whistle blew as the boys went back to their places. Takeda looked over to their coach. "Why would you have him change the set?"

"To give Hinata freedom in midair." Ukai replied. "Looking back just now, Hinata attempted to dodge the blockers in midair. Probably copying what Kageyama did not long ago."

Kazumi smiled. "Although it was crap." Ukai sarcastically smiled as his brows knit together as Takeda chuckled. The young manager went back with Miyuki beside her.

Toss after toss, Hinata can't spike the ball the way he always did as the tip of his fingers slightly touched it but not enough to give them a point. Another time out was given as Ukai and the others tried to calm Hinata down.

Miyuki smiled when she saw the boys playing around only for Hinata to calm down. "I hope Hinata could get his rhythm back."

The matched continued again with Karasuno falling behind Nekoma. Hinata hasn't had any progress with his spikes with his eyes open. Kazumi wanted Kageyama to keep giving him tosses until he gets better at it, and as if they had a telepathy happening here, Kageyama kept on giving him tosses point after point.

"If Kageyama keep the ball at a pace where Hinata could spike it easily, he could even aim where he can spike it freely." Kazumi murmured, hearing yet another whistle blew out as Nekoma gained yet another point.