° 2 °

THUMP

THUMP

THUMP

The sound of the ball being hit on the tree by Kazumi could be heard on a field she had found with no one around. She missed the sound of the ball, the feeling hitting the ball, and the feeling standing on an actual court.

She stopped serving the ball as she catch it. She look up to the blue sky. "...three days left before school..."

She sighed and continue to serve the ball. She hit it to hard as the ball bounce back a little further for her to reach. She look behind, praying it won't land on the drain or a tree, but instead someone caught it.

Kazumi stopped her track when she saw a boy holding her ball. The boy was taller than her with an intimidating aura. His black hair was cropped short, with a fringe that hangs just above his dark blue eyes.

Kazumi gulped when the boy suddenly walk to her. 'Calm down, Kazumi.'

"I believe this is yours." The boy said, holding out the ball. Kazumi eyed the ball for good few seconds before taking it.

She then bowed. "Thank you for catching ball."

The boy flinch to her sudden politeness and nodded. "S-Sure."

'He looks...familiar.'

Shaking her thoughts, Kazumi look up to him before eyeing her ball. "...How long have you been watching?"

The boy was taken aback yet again. "U-Um... What do you mean?"

"I feel like you have been watching me play."

The boy shrugged before sighed, scratching his head. "To be honest, quite a while actually. Are you a volleyball player?"

"...I am...was..." Kazumi murmured, looking down her ball and gripped on it a little. "Do you?"

"I am a volleyball player. Well, was. But I will when I attend my high school's volleyball team." The boy replied with passion.

Kazumi watch his determination face. '...I used to have that kind of expression.'

"Which school will you attend?" The boy asked her.

"Karasuno."

The boy rubbed his head back. "No doubt we're going to see each other then."

"I don't know about that. You wanted to join the volleyball team, right? Then there's no doubt you might be busy all day practicing." Kazumi bluntly replied again.

The boy tilted his head. "Are you going to join the girl's team?"

Kazumi just shake her head. "No, I'm not. And I'm not interested in joining the team anyways."

The boy's eyes widened a little. He wanted to know why, but it might be invading her space. So he stay quiet.

Kazumi spins the ball around her palm as the boy just watch. "Do you want to play with me?" A sudden question was asked by her. The boy didn't hesitant to nodded. He put down his bag that his was holding and both of them went to their positions to play.

Kazumi throws the ball above the air and towards the boy. He received it and served the ball back. And it went on and on.

"So what's your name?"

"Kazumi Tama." She just replied back.

'Tama...'

"I'm Tobio Kageyama." He replied, serving the ball after ignoring a certain thought.