Chapter 3- The Pain...

Brice's POV

        Today was the day. I was gonna talk to that boy. I look over to the window and see him walk out of the library. Now's my chance! I run out of the library and try to get his attention. "Hey! Hey kid!" I yell. Man he is fast! He looks over to me and his eyes widen. He turns back around and runs.

        He ran at an inhuman speed. "Hey, I just wanna talk to you!" I yelled, not knowing why he was running. He still didn't stop. I stopped and grabbed a rock. It was about the size of my palm. I threw it and it hit the back of his head. When it hit him he tripped and fell forward. I took my chance and ran towards him. He still didn't get up. This got me worried.

        I finally caught up and he was getting up. I crouched down next to him. "I'm sorry, you weren't stopping." I said. He looked up at me and he had tears running down his face. I actually hurt him. I didn't mean to. I mean that rock was big. "I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to hurt you!" I said. He just started crying again, only harder.

Seto's POV

        I walked out of the library and I heard someone yelling. "Hey! Hey kid!" I heard someone shout. I turned around and I saw someone running towards me. He had blonde, almost gold (budder) hair, that seemed to defy gravity,ocean blue eyes, a black shirt with a gold ingot on it, and black skinny jeans. My eyes widened because I thought he wanted to hurt me. No one ever wants to talk to me so why would he be any different.

        So, I took off. "Hey, I just wanna talk to you!" He yelled, trying to catch up with me. Pfft, I've heard that one before. I didn't stop. I heard him stop running and I sighed in relief. Then I felt something hard hit me in the back of the head and since it caught me off guard, I tripped. It hurt so badly I felt a big bump forming on my head. I just lay there with my head facing the dirt, but not touching it. I didn't even notice I was crying, because it hurt so bad.

         "I'm sorry, you weren't stopping." I heard the same boy that was chasing me, say, crouching next to me. I looked up and his worried face filled with sorrow. "I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to hurt you!" He stated. I instantly got mad at him. He threw the thing! I started crying again, because I realized how much it actually hurt. "What's your name?" He asked, gently. I just looked down. "...Seto..." I mumbled under my breath. "What was that?" He asked. "Seto..." I said more clearly. I was glad I had my cape on, or else he would have seen my ears and tail. "My name is Brice." He stated.

         "Why did you want me?" I asked."I've been watching you going in and out of the library everyday, at the same time every time, reading the same books every time. Why do you do that?" He explained. So he was the one watching me! I just shrugged my shoulders, not wanting to reveal my magic.  He just smiled at my reaction. "I thought you were unique." He said, still smiling. I looked at my watch that was on my wrist. 6:00! I was ordered to be home by 5:50, by my brother! I didn't notice how late it was because it's summer and it gets dark around 8:00.

"I'm sorry! I have to go!" I said, rushing to my feet. "Okay, well maybe I'll see you later. Bye!" Brice said. "Bye! And I forgive you!" I said and rushed home. I ran. I ran as fast as my cat agility's could get me by feet. I finally got home and looked at my watch again. 6:30! I'm gonna get a beating tonight. I quietly opened the door and stepped in. I closed the door as quietly as I can. "Get in here, you waist of space!" Mason yelled from the living room. I flinched at his voice. I slowly walked into the living room and as soon as I got there, I was pinned to a wall. "Where the heck were you!" He screamed. I was about to say, but he started choking me. "I-I-I gah! kakk!" I said, choking on his grip on my neck. 

        He punched me in the stomach 6 times, while still choking me. He stopped choking me and I was gasping for air. I was panting loudly and fast. "No food for 2 days." He said, walking away and leaving me on the floor, panting, crying, and sweating. I was just wishing for my parents to be alive again. I didn't even have the will power to heal myself.