4)How?

SO , in this story Cedric IS in their year(Harry's year) it's set kind of after the triwizard tournament BUT I'm making them all 17/18 bc you know 👀, anyways Cedric DID NOT die in the tournament but Harry won it.

My first day in Hogwarts was...an array of things. Emotions, actions, conversations - everything! Immediately after my chat with who I soon found out to be the headmaster of the school - yes the school, I had in fact woken up in an enormous, spectacular castle which was a school. I sat for hours in this petite side  office that he directed me to, trying to figure out how I got here and why I was here, but everything was a blur and any fragment of it that I regained soon disappeared. Sitting in this tiny 4x4 room equip with a single deep red, plush armchair most likely did not help my mind in regaining its clarity.

"Wizards are peculiar beings," Dumbledore had began. "They will spot a muggle from a mile off but, can be easily deceived at the exact same moment."

He talked for what seemed like hours about his master plan of integration - all that installed fear into my heart as he listed the dangers of what may happen if it is found out that a muggle is lurking behind the walls of Hogwarts.

Before he abandoned me in this tiny room to recount everything he said while he attended morning assembly.

I am being placed into the senior section of this...'school', being seventeen - nearly eighteen, Dumbledore decided it was best despite the wizards of this age group being well educated and I - just a muggle?

Well that's what he had called me. "A non wizard." Essentially, although he did not put it so short and sweet.

Suddenly there is a brisk knock on the door. "Huh!" I gasped, praying that it was Dumbledore and not a random, lost student.

"Dearie?" An unfamiliar voice calls, a soft one, an old one, a curious one.
"You might not know my name...I'm not sure if he quite mentioned me...I am Professor McGonagall, Dumbledore sent me himself to call you fourth dear."

Slowly the heavy door clicks open and an old? Woman slowly enters. A tall, stern-looking witch with black hair  drawn into a tight bun, I doubt few students dare cross her, she seems like an imposing figure who can quickly spot trouble.

"Oh...yes...hello." I nervously avoid her eye contact.

She doesn't respond verbally but lightly nods her head and releases her pursed lips in greeting.

"Well! Come on then dear let's not keep the students waiting, he has everyone at assembly reminded that a new student from Europe is awaiting them." she briskly ushers me out of the office with a gently placed hand on my shoulder.

"Europe !?" I ask confused. She steers me through several hallways filled with roman style pillars and ancient tapestries that appear to stare rudely at me and chat to each other as I pass them.

"Now," we grind to a halt outside a huge set of doors from behind which chatter and the clanking of cutlery can be heard. "Remember everything you were told," the woman straightens out the set of new clothes I was given to replace my snagged and faded set. "It will all figure itself out soon." She smiles lightly before she reaches a hand towards the knobs of the door.

I exhale nervously. "How is this going to work!"