26)Snap goes the ankle

For four days now I have been in this cycle.
Ignore Cedric all day, take alternate routes to class so he won't find me, go to class, study after the last class of the day with Draco, go to the woods to visit Lyra with Draco, go to sleep - repeat.

Draco keeps on pestering me about breaking up with Cedric but I can't. Nobody has said anything to me-I think they're a bit scared because I'm quite close to Draco all the time, but I've heard rumours that he's very upset.

  So it was very unfortunate that we ran into him on our way back from Hogsmead on our day off today.

"Eat this." Draco almost demands as he shoves another Bertie Bott bean into my hand. I know he's trying to find one that makes me grimace but so far they've all been ok surprisingly. He tuts exhaustedly when I chew and swallow it without a reaction.

Suddenly a few metres in front of us I spot Cedric and Cho walking slowly and not talking. My heart sinks. I slow down too and my eyes start to water. I guess this confirms it...
Draco follows my gaze and his face turns extremely angry.

Cedric turns, almost sending our presence and gulps. He looks at me hopelessly and turns his body fully. Cho looks to me and then back to Cedric hesitantly. I don't think she knows what to do.

"Celina," Cedric begins. His voice breaking slightly with nerves. "Can I talk to you for a minute...alone?" He asks, glancing to Draco who's face is full of a sudden,most intense hate.

"Ok." I manage to get out. I glance at Draco as I pass him and me and Cedric head down off the track and away from the stream of students.

"Hi," he nervously smiles.
"Hi." I frown slightly back. I cant look in his eyes for more than two seconds before my heart starts thumping sadly.

"Uhm...I never got a chance to explain any thing to you..." he begins, trying to look in my eyes but they keep avoiding his.

"Well...it's really not what you think...I would never do that...uhm...truly it's not..." he struggles. I don't think he is lying in all honesty.

I look up at him for a while this time. His eyes look hurt which makes my heart sink. "I-well what is it then?" I snap out of my trance. Cho is right there with him so it must be something.

"Well-it's not really...it's not really my place to say...Cho's just going through some things right now and needs a shoulder to cry on that's all!" He in-forces.

For some reason 'shoulder to cry on' upsets me more than it should.

"Well-why didn't you tell me then! When we were dating! If it was that easy!" I fuss. It's true, and something feels off about this whole thing.

"Well I-I didn't want to upset you-and well, I didn't know if you'd get mad and try and stop it!" He gulps slightly.

I feel my heart almost plummet to the ground and under. I swallow slowly. "So you don't want it to stop?" I ask. It may seem childish, but my feelings about this situation are so, so off. He didn't want to tell me incase I made him stop meeting with his ex-girlfriend to 'comfort' her regularly in private. Right.

"Celina...I-I didn't mean it like that...at all." He reaches out a hand to touch my arm but I slap it away evidently. I'm almost sobbing from my warming up feelings.

"Cedric I-"  I close my eyes as my head begins to hurt. "I don't think we should be together anymore." I feel a tear running down my cheek and quickly wipe it away.

I cant look at his reaction but I can tell from the silence he takes that he's heartbroken.

"Celina...I-theres been a misunderstanding! Really there has I-" he touches my shoulder gently as he tries hard to convince me. His voice almost pleading and extremely sad.