29)A good Die job

SPELLING MISTAKES - are unfortunate autocorrect! (If you spot a mistake please comment on it so I can fix it!)

DRACOS POV

........
I knew it....I had been right.

That thing that had bothered me so much. That filled me with such hate and spite. That thing that kept me up at night plotting horrible things and had me saying horrible things to horrible people. It was real.

As we walk back hand in hand all I can think of is the horrible things I have done and said to my...girlfriend...

I feel like blurting out 'I'm sorry' right now but it wouldn't really be ethical would it? After all those tears.

All those tears...wow. Why did it suddenly hurt just to see somebody crying.

Why did my heart race so damn fast when I asked her. I hadn't expected it to race that fast.

Why was the fact that she was a muggle not bothering me...almost at all...

My head is filled with almost euphoric thoughts as we walk back through the forest. I cant keep this stupid little grin off my face as I watch her closely.

This is somebody, I think to myself, who I can see myself with forever....

I can see us living somewhere quiet, like in a humble farmhouse or a house made of wood beside a calm river. We'd have a good mix of muggle and magic utensils in the house of course - got to keep it fair.

Gosh...why the hell am I thinking about this stuff....

"I have an idea!" She happily beams as she suddenly stops and turns to me. My heart warms up quickly as I look into her sweet eyes and I can't help but smile and ignore responding to her.

"I think we should just skip dinner tonight and go hang out in my common room!"

I frown slightly. What an awful idea. The Gryffindor common room? Skipping dinner?
I'd rather not.

"Well-I have sweet stuff in my room!" She quickly backs herself up, probably realising the discontent on my face. Thank god.

"We'll do you have a full steak dinner up there ?" I ask, noticing I'm actually quite hungry. Rowing that boat across the lake was hard work. Well...enchanting is hard work too!

She smiles cutely and rolls her eyes, "No."

"Hm...you'll have to try a bit harder to convince me to go into the bloody Gryffindor common room." I wink slightly suggestively and watch for her reaction and she immediately blushes and looks away. Hah!

I reluctantly agree and we head up to the common room. It is full of squashy armchairs, tables, and a bulletin board where school notices, ads and posters are plastered. It's decorated in several shades of red and gold and radiates a warm energy.

Thankfully there's no Gryffindors in here. They're all at dinner.

"This way." Celina knocks me from my frowning gaze around the room as she heads upstairs.

I follow her into her room which is filled with two other beds and the belongings of her roommates.

"Shabby." I remark as I look around. She laughs to herself as she clears a space on her messy bed. No wonder why she's always late...her books are scattered across her bed and the floor carelessly.

"Don't you ever clean?" I ask, as I pick a book off the floor and dust it off.

"Uhm, well I don't really get much time!" , she picks up the remainder of her books off the bed and stacks them neatly beside it.