11) Write up

SPELLING MISTAKES - are unfortunate autocorrect! (If you spot a mistake please comment on it so I can fix it!)

200....300....400...500...500...400...350...

UGH. This is so impossibly infuriating. Nothing seems to work and I suddenly don't even remember English. I was never good at it in school. Well...I don't think I was, I don't really remember, maybe I was top of the class.

"Oh for goodness sake!" I huff and throw my notepad across the hallway. I sigh angrily and tuck my knees to my head as I sit on the window ledge in the courtyard's hallway.

I look out at the empty courtyard. The tree in the middle of it swaying playfully in the night breeze. I forgot to put on my watch after I showered so I have no idea what time it is but I know it's late because even the lovebirds have stopped copulating in the bushes.

I'm grateful for that.

I rock back and forward in the slightly chilly breeze. The Halloween decorations are everywhere and they provide a warming green, purple and orange haze all around the courtyard and the surrounding terraced hallways.

"What's this then?" Draco asks and I spin my head to see him. I nearly jump from my skin and curse under my breath. He picks up my flustered journal and puts it back together with a simple wave of his wand.

He hands it back to me brand new.

"Thanks." I grit my teeth as I quickly snatch it off him.

He exhales a soft laugh and puts his hands in his pockets.

"What are you doing out here so late mu-" he pauses and smiles at the ground slightly.

"What are you doing out here so late Gryffindor?"

I frown. I know what he was about to say. Mudblood. I look back out at the courtyard and ignore him.

"Not getting hot and bothered with our Hufflepuff Prince were we?" He teases. I clench my jaw and throw my journal at him, hitting him firm in the chest. My anger at both Cedric, him and this stupid speech make me do it.

  "Hey!" He laughs as if it's funny and he redoes that same spell to fix the battered book once again.

He heads over and sits on the ledge in front of me. A thin pillar separates us and I push my foot up against it to re adjust my position on the slim ledge.

  "Why are you even talking to me? Didn't you hate me this time three days ago?" I question him. A curious frown on my face. It's true though, he hated me one day and the next he was all friendly friendly friendly.

He pauses for a minute but I can't see his expression due to the dim lights. "Well I, I guess I just read you wrong didn't I...I mean, Slytherins and Gryffindor have a long history of rivalry anyways so!"

I arch a brow. "Well maybe we should keep it that way." I mumble, looking away.

"Well why?" He stutters.

"Well, so no one gets hurt I guess." I state angrily as I hold up my swollen and red finger tip.

He holds back a laugh. "Here." He turns to me and grabs my hand in his, resting my finger tips against his palms. They're surprisingly warm despite him having a cold, slimy charachter. And soft too, gosh they're so damn soft for no reason at all. I really want to ask him what he uses so I can pick some up.

He clears his throat and closes his eyes before muttering something under his breath. I take a few moments to look at him. He's actually a pretty boy. It's such a shame his personality is sub sub sub sub par. His blonde hair sways lightly in the breeze along with his robes. The lights highlighting the shadows on his face.

  I sigh slightly as I turn my attention back to my hand on his. He runs his other hand over the top of mine and I gasp audibly as I see my finger. It's been completely healed and looks like nothing ever happened.

He laughs proudly at my response and I examine my finger closely.

"Uh- well I mean," I scratch the back of my neck, remembering my place. "Well I mean I've seen that so many times before but I was just well I was just being nice." I awkwardly blush and look away. Some cover up story! Idiot.

"Rightttt" he laughs and returns to his ledge.

  "Have you seen the decorations yet?" He changes the subject.

"No," I start, "There were too many people uhm, well," I struggle with my words and he raises and eyebrow with a faint smirk.
"There were too many people misbehaving! In the court that I didn't want to go incase I saw something I wasn't meant to." I go red in the face but thankfully it's concealed by the array of lights.

He laughs and turns his head away and then back to me.

"Well they're all gone now so let's go."

I frown at my embarrassing tendency's. I still don't trust this boy. I don't understand how his opinion on me could change so quick. But right now I don't have many options so I scoot off the ledge and catch up with him as he walks out into the courtyard.

I inspect the ornaments and animated electronic statues that squeal and shriek inaudibly as you walk past them. I've never seen such realistic and amazing decorations before, not even at Christmas.

Draco doesn't seem too phased by them but I stop to look at every single one.

We reach the tree and I'm in complete awe of its sheer beauty. It's covered in everything spooky from head to toe. "Wow." I smile and reach out to touch an ornament.

"Woah!" Malfoy snaps and pushes my arm away quickly.

"What?" I blush like a child who's just been told off.

"That's not an ornament." He reaches out a finger to the small dragon looking 'ornament' that quickly blows fire at him like a lit match. He barely winches and shakes his finger tip in the air as smoke plumes arise from it.

I gasp and cover my mouth as the ornament returns to its original, still form.

"Just five galleons and the Weasley scum-" he clears his throat.
"-the Weasley twins will give you one of these to prank your friends." He rips the ornament off the tree and stamps on it with his foot. Swivelling it into the gravel like you would a cigarette butt.

"Gosh..." I shake my head. Why can't these people be normal and put a thumbtack on a teachers chair or write something rude on the blackboard and blame it on someone else instead of burning each others fingers off!

"Well, thats not very nice."

He laughs. "Very innocent aren't you."
I don't know if its a question or a statement. It's hard to tell with the tone of voice he used.

We stand for a few seconds more looking at the tree in awkward silence.

"Well, I'm going to go." I soon end it. "I have almost 700 words to think of and not enough time to think of them." I quickly stuff my journal into my robes inside pocket and begin walking back to the terraces.

"Well I'll accompany you on the walk back then." He quickly follows me and I cringe. This was a goodbye don't follow me type-of goodbye but he didn't seem to get that.

"No it's ok, I'm perfectly fine myself thank you." I adjust my speed.

"No really I-"  he's rerouted as another Slytherin crashes into him from an adjoining hallway.

I take it as my chance to leave and increase my pace even more until I'm almost levitating off the bloody floor.

"Gosh Goyle you fool why won't you watch your footing!" I hear him snarling as I disappear into the castle.

Phewwww.

—-