32) A good Dye job

Draco point of V

-

The last few days have been pure bliss. A weight was lifted, hair was dyed and I finally christened the prefects bathroom.

Besides that, I truly don't believe I have ever been happier.

My patronus said it all. I could not believe my own eyes when it shot out from my wand.

All I pictured when I closed my eyes was her. Her smile, her face, her voice - everything about her.

It's cringey, and I wince to think about it but I can't deny the truth.

I thought love would be straight forward, like you just know, like how you're supposed to feel with your mother or your father.

But it doesn't seem to be as easy as I thought.  I think it's love...maybe? That horrible sickness when you think about what could or might happen to them. When you don't feel complete if they're not within your diameter.

I didn't have myself down as a sob. What have I become.

Entering the common room I have an irremovable smile on my face. My hair is still slightly damp from the room's steam.

Much to my distain the people I have been going out on a limb to avoid are sitting there, as if they were expecting me.

Blaise immediately stands up on my entry.

"Stop this Draco." He shakes his head slowly.

My smile which I thought would never leave does so immediately.

"Shut up Blaise," I hiss, "Don't you have some first years to be bullying? Don't want to get in the way of that." I raise and drop my eyebrows at his pathetic face.

"You're father knows!" He stops me with his words as I walk past him.

My heart sinks slowly. I feel beads of sweat forming at the back of my neck.

"Since you weren't replying to his owls he sent one to me," he starts, sounding slightly scared.

"He's taking you out of Hogwarts until Dumbledore is exposed and that muggle filth is sent away."

My fists clench subconsciously at his words.

"He'll be here tomorrow." He finishes.

I turn to look at him slowly. My teeth grinding with my extremely clenched jaw. How dare he.

He looks down at his feet before tracing off quickly to the dorms, his footsteps echoing off the floor.

"It's for the best, Draco." Pansy's irritating little voice suddenly fills the room. She stands up cautiously from where she had been sitting on the armchair beside Blaise.

"She's trapped you...you're not well! You can't see past her act-you're blinded! She's just a little whore!"  She continues as she stands in front of me.

"Come back to me Draco...come back to us...I'm better for you, you know that!" She pleads, her cold hands grasp one of mine. I look down at her tracing the folds on my knuckles with her fingers.

"You're father approves of us...he likes me." She looks up. Her eyes carry that permanent coldness.

"The dark lord has plans for you Draco...big ones...you can't get distracted now..."
Her hand withdraws from mine and she brings it up to my cheek. I look down at her eyes glistening with hope before I angrily slap away her hand.