12)Halloween

Draco's Pov
-

I've been doing some of my own research into the muggle these last few days. I spotted her out in the courtyard late last night and decided to go take a look at what she was doing. I thought I might catch her in the act of trying to call back to the muggle world. She was scribbling on a notepad while she sat on a ledge.

It was dim and the porches lit up with purples and greens and orange colours and although it was quite a vibe and quite a beautiful site, I couldn't read that journal from afar. How annoying.

Thankfully she threw it in a fuss onto the floor and I got a quick read in as I used simple magic to fix it. It seemed to be some kind of a speech and then it clicked! They have the muggle girl co-representing Gryffindor at the ceremonies. Gosh who's idea was that?

I'll be surprised if she even stays alive long enough for my father to get the intel he needs to blow the roof off this little scheme of Dumbledores. She's too clumsy for my liking, practically trips over her every step and nearly got her finger bit off by one of those Weasley boys pranks! I wouldn't be surprised if she trips and falls off the astrology tower this time next week.

  "Well what did you find out?" Blaise asks as we sit down beside the fireplace. The fire sprouting green and black flames as he stares into it, manipulating its colour.

"Nothing really, she's too clever...coming across all innocent and helpless but only god knows what's she's planning."

Blaise shifts back in his seat slightly, biting on the tip of his thumb. "Keep trying, I'm sure your plan will play out nicely."

I roll my eyes as I watch the flames dancing into the chimney.

-

Celinas POV

Oh my goddddd I'm freaking out! I tried styling my hair this morning but it did not work...at all! I look like I have been dragged through a bush backwards as I arrive in the great hall.

  "Ah!" Penny sheepishly smiles as she snatches my speech off me. She frowns as she reads through it in less than ten seconds despite it being two pages long.

"This is eight hundred and ninety-four words!?" She exclaims.

"I'm sorry! I really could not think of anything else I-I-I've only been here a week!"

"Urhhhh...." she groans and stamps her foot to the floor like a child.

I widen my eyes in confusion at her outbursts.

"Well! It will have to do. You are the least interesting one up there anyway! No one will notice." She sneers and turns on her heel, briskly powering off down the hall.

I bow my head slightly. I mean...she's right.

"Celina?" Cedric says from behind me. I turn sharply to see him standing there with what looks to be a speech in his hands too. He looks almost scared to see me. But cute, gosh he looks so cute when he's nervous.

"Hi." I weakly smile and rub my arm.

"Hi," he returns. "Can - can we just talk? For a second?"

I nod my head slightly and he beckons for me to sit down at the part of the table beside us.  I do so and cross my legs like a lady as I prepare for whatever apology he may have.

"I...genuinely don't know what happened, that day...last week? I mean, I thought you were going to Hogsmeade and that I was going to meet you there, well, that's what I heard anyway." He nervously twiddles his fingers.