21) Like a G

SPELLING MISTAKES - are unfortunate autocorrect! (If you spot a mistake please comment on it so I can fix it!)

What the hell! What the fuck! What !! Why!! How!? How could this happen!? How could I let this happen!?

I repeatedly ask myself as we walk back into the Great hall. Snape shuts the door firmly behind him as he enters and suspiciously eyes us.

I don't catch anybody looking at us thank god but I still feel like some are. I hope, hope hope hope hope that nobody saw us entering or leaving together.

What the hell just happened? I ask myself clearly as I hold the sides of my head momentarily with my two hands.

Me...and Draco Malfoy...the Draco Malfoy that I know...my friend Draco Malfoy and I just kissed.

We did more than just kiss...maybe if it had been just a peck I wouldn't be burning all over, panting slightly from panic and glancing around crazily.

Maybe if our tongues...his hands...my thighs...my neck.....

I suddenly get a flashback of his warm hands squeezing my cold neck skilfully. I had never been touched like that before. My mind is foggy and I can't decide if I...actually...liked it...??

I spot Cedric over by the food stand still. He's alone now however and I make a b-line for him.

Suddenly a hand grabs my wrist and angrily spins me around. That hand...the one that was on my neck five minutes ago...or was it the one on my thigh...

I turn quickly due to the force and end up just centimetres from Draco's face. I shuffle back immediately.

His face - a mixture of emotions that contrast each other...

Happy, no - euphoric...
Angry? Yes angry...
Proud? Very proud...

"What are you doing?" He asks in frustration.
His eyes flicker up to Cedric and his face suddenly turns sour.

"I have to go back Draco!" I whisper dismissively. I don't want anybody at all to hear or see this.

He shoots me back an extremely confused and frustrated look. I shake my head slowly. He must understand that that,was an accident! It shouldn't have happened. I beat myself up inside as I think about how I just wronged Cedric.

It must be apparent on my face because he tightens his grip on my wrist and widens his eyes threateningly at me.

"No," he says through gritted teeth. "Don't do that."

It must be apparent that I'm extremely regretful. I am...really I am...

"Draco!" I snap and yank my hand firmly from his grasp.

I shake my head at him as I turn and quickly trot away, catching him gulp angrily out of the corner of my eye as I do.

Why is my heart doing this...why is it beating like it has never beat before. Why is my body full of shock and longing when I think back to what just happened...why do I keep on thinking of it even as I near my boyfriend.

"Hi-" he smiles as he realises me coming but I cut him off with a huge kiss as I leap at him. He's shocked but his hands soon find my waist as he leans into the kiss.

I gasp for air when we break away. He looks down at me utterly confused but smiling slightly.

"I'm sorry- I, I'm so sorry - I was only going to stay for one dance but-but I ended up staying for a few more!" I blurt out nervously.

"It's ok!" He reassures me, trying to calm me down. "I didn't notice you were gone for more than one."

My expression and heart falls slowly as I process his words. He cleans off another two cocktail sticks as I watch him.

"You...didn't notice?" I ask, laughing a bit. Maybe he's joking.

"Well-" he suddenly realises the offence I have taken. "Well not like that-well the songs are so quick aren't they! You hardly know when one ends and one - starts!" He dismisses it as he reaches for for another stick and throws his free hand in the air a bit.

"Yeah." I nod, trying not to sound disappointed.

I turn around to look for Draco in the crowd, suddenly longing for someone to tell about what Cedric just said. He was right, I really do need more girl friends.

I find him by the table on the other side of the room. His date talking away to him thinking he is 'listening'. He stares blankly at his shoes.

His eyes raise suddenly and turn to mine as I stare at him heart broken. For many reasons I feel this way.

I break the contact after a few seconds too long , all flustered.

"Cedric can we go?" I gulp as I turn back to him. He stops eating and looks at me concerned.

"Why? Are you okay? Are you sick?" He asks as he finally stops eating

"Yes." I nod briskly. I want to get out of here right now.

"O-okay...okay, let me just...I need to...just say bye to some of the guys." He suddenly seems nervous.

I open my mouth slightly in shock. Okay maybe he actually is saying goodbye to the boys but why do I doubt it so highly. Why am I starting to doubt my own boyfriend.

"Well fine." I bark as I pick up my hem and almost sprint towards the huge doors and out into the empty hallway. I make my way up a few steps before I'm stopped.

"Hey!" A boy suddenly calls out to me from the hallway in front of the doors.
He clearly ran and I can't really make out who he is between my heart thumping in my ears, my tears brimming in my eyes and the fact that he is panting slightly from his jog.

I gulp and exhale shakily before turning around. But it's not Cedric. It's not my boyfriend Cedric Diggory. It's Draco Malfoy. Draco followed me out here with that concerned look on his face. I can see he doesn't want to be concerned but he is. He looks reluctant and scared to be concerned. He looks annoyed to be concerned.

I feel myself breathing in shakily and turning my head to the side slightly.

My body is almost lured to his figure and before I know it I've reached him. I place my hands on his broad shoulders and meet his lips with mine. My eyes scrunched slightly as I feel that regret and unfaithful feeling seeping back in. But it's over powered by this strange yearning and need.

His hands modestly stay on my hips this time and I wrap my arms around his neck further as our heads tilt to the side in harmony. No tongue. No neck. No thigh. It's more loving this time for some reason.

I break it after a few seconds and just stare at his lips as my heart screams inside my chest.

I turn away and take a step back but he grips my hips trying to get me to stay.

I cant stay here any longer and step back without looking at him, turning and running quickly away, up the stairs and far away back to my dorm.