6)why though?

I arrived five minutes late to potions. I was trying to desperately find my way amongst the vicious crowds. Nobody talked to me, they just looked.
  I had genuinely given up when I slumped down in an empty corridor with my head in my hands.
   "Hi?" A new voice asked. A calm, sweet voice of a boy. I looked up to see an extremely handsome boy with gray eyes from Hufflepuff.
  I tripped over my words at his sheer beauty.

"I-Uhm well..." I quickly sprung to my feet as I straightened out my skirt.

"Hi?" I laughed nervously and quietly, prompting a laugh from him too.

"I-I'm just very very lost." I laughed as I scrambled to pick up my books from the floor.

"Here let me help you," he smiled as he took my journal from me, my hand brushing off his, slightly making me blush.

"Mhmm...ah! God you don't want to be late for this one!" He smiled to himself as he looked at my book. "I can help you get there, I heard your new, right?" , I followed him as he led me in the complete opposite direction that I was headed.

"Yes!" I nervously replied as I looked around trying to memorise the halls we entered.

"I'm Cedric, uhm Diggory." He avoided constant eye contact and preferred to look at his feet as he walked.

"Celina Brown." I replied.

We soon arrived outside a classroom door from behind which I could hear the bubbling of liquids and low murmurs.

"This is it." He whispered.

I nodded in thanks. He smiled cutely as he slowly backed away and turned. I let go of a breath I didn't know I was holding onto and turned around to gasp. I crashed into Draco Malfoy as him and his crew arrived at the class late.

"Ugh!" He grunted loudly as he held his hands up and backed away, looking at me in disgust.
"You retched mudblood! Aren't you going to apologise!?" He barked.

I quickly lunged for the door trying to open the handle and let myself away from this awkward situation but his hand quickly found my wrist and he swung me away from the door. I fell back a few steps but regained my footing as I rubbed my wrist.

"Filthy low life!" One of his friends hissed at me.

"I said apologise filth." He bared his teeth almost in anger. How could somebody be so resentful towards somebody that they didn't even know.

"Hey!" I suddenly hear as Cedric walks back towards us. An annoyed and confused look on his face.

"What did you say?" He asks Draco. Draco gulps ever so slightly as he clenches his jaw. He shakes his robe to adjust it firmly before he turns to look at me again.

The corners of his lips curl into an evil smirk.

"I was telling your friend here that she is late for class." He tilts his head as he speaks.

"Leave Malfoy." Cedric bluntly states through gritted teeth causing Draco and his friends to half scoff half laugh.

"Whatever." He smirks as he looks at me evilly, he turns and enters the class abruptly, followed by his friends.

I sigh in embarrassment and relief as they go. Cedric touches my shoulder gently. "Don't mind him, he's just...he's like that to everyone okay?" He tries to reassure me.

"Mhm," I close my eyes and nod my head, forcing a weak smile. "Yeah I was told." I slightly laugh.

"You better get in there, you're really late."

"Oh, yeah...yeah." I frown as I quickly head for the door.

"Hey if it ever gets too much you can just tell me, okay?" He looks away almost too quick.

"Yeah, thanks." I smile. He returns it and walks off once again.
I watch him trail off before I open the door quietly trying to sneak in.

"Ms Celina Brown." I slithery voice calls me as I enter. Although his back is turned to me the teacher still notices me enter. I close my eyes and sigh inaudibly. Everyone in the damn class is looking. He turns around sharply, I see a thin man with sallow skin, a large, hooked nose and yellow, uneven teeth. He has shoulder-length, greasy black hair which frames his face, and cold, black eyes. He wears black, flowing robes which give him the appearance of an overgrown bat.

"Now tell me why-exactly is it that you are- twelve point five minutes late- to my class?"

"Well I-I-see it's my first day, I got lost."

He raises an eyebrow. "Well simply-do not-get lost again. Am I clear?"

I nod my head distinctly. "Yes sir."
His cloak whooshes as he turns back to the black board and continues his writing on it.

I look around for a seat but only find one beside one of Draco's friends, where they all sit at a row table of four, and one alone in the row opposite that table.

I opt for the seat alone and quickly set up camp there.

"Not so fast Ms Brown," the teacher's cold voice stops me. I look up to see him and the whole class looking at me.

"Please fill up every row before we begin using new ones," he sighs as if he has to say it every class to someone. I look over to the only empty seat beside Draco's friend and gulp.

I sit beside him reluctantly . Feeling their three sets of eyes cutting into me like a laser as I ignore them and open up my potions book.

I don't understand one word of the entire theory class but do not get asked any questions. I presume that Dumbledore has informed all staff of my predicament, well I hope he has.

Class ends after what feels like a lifetime, although most of it was spent by listening to Draco's crew get in trouble and harass a boy named Harry.

It eventually ends and I rush out the door before any body gets the chance to talk to me. Thankfully I have an hour break and stumble upon a bathroom where I quickly lock myself in a stall and recount all the events of the day so far.
God I'm in for a long ride.