5)Why

SPELLING MISTAKES - are unfortunate autocorrect! (If you spot a mistake please comment on it so I can fix it!)

I slowly gulped as the door creaked open due to its intense weight.

"Go...go!" Professor McGonagall whispered sharply and pushed my shoulder gently. I realised I had been standing and staring for several seconds.

The hall was huge. Bigger than any room I had maybe ever seen before. And so old and mysterious. Candles were floating above the whole room, lighting it up.

There were four long tables crammed with students (who were all now gawking at me), their old looking books coated in leather sat on the table in front of them.

My feet literally echoe as I slowly trudge towards Dumbledore who is standing at a podium at the top of the hall, in front of the staff tables.

All I can hear are whispers and even some sniggers as I avoid all eye contact.

"Students, this is Celina, our new student." Dumbledore smiles warmly as he takes me gently under his arm, his hand barely touching my far shoulder. I look down in the rows of faces staring at me. Some look rather disgusted, some clueless, some entruiged, and some plain bored and already over the news.

"She may be a tad late to our school year, but I do not doubt that she will have the warmest and most joyous of welcomes none the less...please every one  a round of applause for our new addition!"

A quiet rumble of applause lit up the hall. I closed my eyes nervously, not wanting to look at anybody's faces.

"Now uhm..why-why don't you go and take a seat there," Dumbledore continued, quietly pointing to the middle table where there was only one empty seat on the end closest to the podium.

"Yes" I nodded awkwardly and briskly headed towards my seat. An annoyed looking boy, older than me with a stern face and cross features momentarily looked at me before looking back to the podium.
And a cutesy Asian girl with her hair in pigtails was beside me. She smiled briefly. I clenched my nails into my palms.

My eyes shot up instinctively as I felt someone glaring into my soul. At the next table in front  of me I saw, among many, a disgusted looking blonde boy who's face twisted in distain as he looked at me. His friend whispered something into his ear while he continued to stare. I looked away briskly, my heart thumping with nerves.

"I do hope that we will give Celina a very warm welcome and help her to settle in as soon as possible."

Dumbledore concludes his speech with a calm wink at me to which I gulped in response. I was trying my hardest to keep my game face on but the nerves constantly forced it to slip.

The hall returned to a low chatter and shuffle of books as everybody switched their attention off. Thank god.

"Headmaster!" Somebody suddenly remarked. I shot my head quickly in the direction of the boys voice. He sounded my age, maybe a little bit older.

Oh god. It was that blonde boy at the next table. He was now standing up. His glare returning to me from Dumbledore. His platinum blond hair and pale, pointed, sneering face looking straight at me.

"The girl didn't even get sorted, how are you to just assume that she is a Gryffindor?"

My heart drops slightly as I look up to Dumbledore. He shows the tiniest tint of worry on his face as he turns to the boy.

"Well you know...that old rag of a hat...it would surely despise me for the rest of my life if I took it out twice this year..." he chuckled.

The boys face contorted into a frown.

"The houses are a sacred thing, they would not want to be burdened by a misplacement."

"Well then," Dumbledore clenched his hands together into a group by his stomach. "It is a good thing that Ms Celina was sorted upon her arrival here this morning." He smiled.

The hall fell into quiet chatter again. The boy huffed as he reluctantly sat down.

I sighed in relief.

"Don't mind him," the girl beside me began. Her voice so high like a child's. "That's Draco Malfoy, his father Lucius Malfoy, has close connections at the ministry of magic. Gosh, Draco thinks that he can get away with anything because of his status. I wouldn't mind him."

I smiled weakly at her.

"Let's see your timetable then!" She smiled back as she grabbed a book that had already been placed out in front of me. "Mhmm, potions," she flashed a row of perfect white teeth.

"I'm sorry I'm not in that class, but let's be friends, I'm Lee, Chang." She extends a hand.

"Celina." I smile back and shake it. "What is your surname?" She questions. "Oh-uhm...Brown!" I make up a name on the spot, not wanting to reveal my true name incase anybody would show up at my doorstep and this is all a hoax.

Her face looks confused. "Oh, I've never heard of it, if you don't mind me asking...are you a half blood?" She whispers.

"Oh, uhh yes?" I half ask. Dumbledore had outlined the basic wizarding ways to me.

"Oh." She smiles slightly as she clasps her books. "Well, lets be friends." She shrugs as she slowly lifts herself from the table as the hall empties in groups. "See you around."

"Yeah, bye." I smiled and weakly waved to her as she left .

I sit in my seat as I look down at my timetable.

"Potions, ancient studies, charm-"

"What's this then?" A familiar voice rhetorically asks as it snatches my book from my hand and flips it upside down.

I spin to see that Draco Malfoy boy inspecting my timetable. Two boys behind him snigger as they watch on.

He's much taller when he's up close. Although I hate to admit it he is rather attractive too. I gulp nervously as I look around for Lee or Dumbledore but see neither.

"Give it back." I firmly press as I stand up and snatch the book back. My nerves eating away inside of me.

"Hooo! Look at this." He sniggers as he folds his arms and looks around at his peers.
"Don't ever talk to me like that again mudblood." He scoffs as he clenches his jaw.

I frown in disgust. Any redeeming qualities of this self centered loathsome fool were quickly dissolved!

"As if Dumbledore would let any body join a senior year four months late...especially not a filthy mudblood like you, you two are hiding something and I will be informing my father of it!" He threatened.

I hid my gulp remembering what Lee had said. The last thing I needed was some minister sneaking around my business.

"Don't worry," I grabbed my books from the table. "I do not intend to speak to you in any way at all." I fakely smiled as I turned on my heel and briskly walked away, blocking my ears to the obvious laughter behind me.

-

Long chapter sorry