13)Night

SPELLING MISTAKES - are unfortunate autocorrect! (If you spot a mistake please comment on it so I can fix it!)

Tears stream down my face as I speed walk through the corridors. Lee's amazing makeup runs in messy streaks down my cheeks. How could somebody be so cruel? Could they not already see that I was having a hard enough time?

Every time I blink I relive the whole thing again and again like its a broken record and my mind the player.

"Stupid thing!" I snarl at the long (beautiful), but long dress that almost trips me up several times.

I arrive in the courtyard unintentionally. Everybody's in the hall listening to Dumbledore's closing speech and tucking into a delicious dinner and array of sweet desserts.

My stomach growls hungrily and I realise I haven't eaten at all today due to all my speech practising. Gosh, There is no way that I am ever showing my face to those people again.

  I stroll through the yard aiming for the tree. The animated decorations light up in the night sky and provide the yard with a dazed gleam.

Suddenly a small herd of tiny, finger length  ghosts (the white blanket eye cutout types) begin floating in circles above my head.

"Oh!" I laugh, "hello there." I begin to extend my hand to them until I remember what Malfoy told me about the Weasleys and I quickly withdraw it. I reach the tree and sit on one of the benches beside it.

It's quite a chilly night and my breath fogs up  in front of me as I exhale. I do not feel the cold in this heavy dress.

It just...appeared...just like that! I understand that this is a school of witchcraft and wizardry but I did not think that such a thing like this was possible.

  At least somebody was looking out for me. I remove the pin from my hair as its weight suddenly becomes apparent to me. It's a pretty Gryffindor hair clip, bedazzled with gems.
I smile at it. Although it came from a truly awful and cruel event, it is gorgeous.

"Celina!" Cedric calls as he runs up the yards stinky pathway to me, catching his breath.

"Uh-Cedric!" I gasp and quickly stand up, turning my head away and trying my best to wipe off the destroyed makeup from my face.

"I-uhm you didn't have to-come all the way out here." I shake my head and look down. Mortified.

"What? Of course I did!" He continues trying to regain his breath. "I'm sorry that that happened to you, god if I knew who did it I'd-!" He stops himself and clenches his jaw.

"No, it's ok." I slump back into my seat.
"I haven't made many friends since I came here...I'm not any good at it...I guess they just made presumptions...bad ones."

He slowly sits next to me. "Well, they're wrong." He looks at me but I keep my eyes glued to the gravel.

"You're-you're one of the nicest people I've ever met! And the kindest!"

I laugh, "Cedric you've only known me a week!"

He laughs too, "I know! But, that's whats so strange about it! Yes I've only known you a week but I already know all this about you."

I sigh deeply. "Well, I'm glad to hear that. But not many people share your views.

"Well who cares what others think!" He laughs warmly, "Their brains are practically non existent anyway!"

I laugh and cover my mouth insecurity. I can tell my makeup is smudged everywhere.
I thimble my thumbs in my lap and smile slightly. Suddenly his warm hands cramp mine. I gasp slightly, not expecting it.

"You're freezing!" He smiles. "Come on, I think  you should just rest."

"Me too." I nod and take his hand as he helps me off the bench. He hunches down and helps me lift the heavy hem of my dress. He also helps my carry it all the way back to my dorm where we stop at the door.

"Thanks, for everything." I grin gratefully. "Really and truly thank you."

He grins back. "Of course. Now...go in and take a warm shower before you catch a cold!"

  I laugh at his persistency. "Ok."

I open the door and step in closing I behind me. I hear his footsteps walking off down the corridor.

"Oh!" I gasp and quickly open the door. "Cedric!" I call after him. He turns quickly and comes back. Tilting his head slightly.

"Uhm...thanks for-the dress, thanks for saving me from total embarrassment."

He raises a confused eyebrow. "Oh...ehhh...that wasn't me." He shakes his head slowly.

"Oh-I-" I blush.

"Oh! Well I wish it was!-I mean I would have but I just...froze." He butts in quickly.

"Yeah -no I get it!!" I smile reassuring him.

"Yeah...uhm...maybe it was Harry Potter or his friend or one of them, they seem to be quite caring - and they are from Gryffindor too so."

"Yeah! No it probably was yeah...well I'll ask anyway."

He nods and smiles before leaving again. I sigh as I watch him leave. My first real friend here at Hogwarts.
-
-
-
-