Part 1 - The Beginning

Korra woke up with her head pounding. 'Jesus...' She thought to herself as she sat up in her bed, rubbing her throbbing head. "Guess I had too much to drink last night..." The avatar mumbled to herself. Now that she was 21 and had somewhat less things to worry about (like someone ending or taking over the world), she was able to let loose.

Verrick and Zhu Li had just gotten married the night before. There's not much Korra could remember from last night. She didn't drink much, but she also never drank as much as she did last night. Everything was a blur after she had a conversation with Asami.

Asami...

'God what a beautiful creature that woman is' Korra thought to herself. Korra would think about Asami all the time. She thought about her whenever she had the chance. Even when Korra was with Mako, all she could do was compliment Asami in her mind. 'She was just so tall, and so beautiful, and so smart, and....'

"Snap out if it." Korra said to herself out loud as she dropped her head in her hands "She's your best friend. And only girl - friend at that. You can't think of her like that." She continued, but she couldn't help it. All she could think about was if Asami ever felt the same. Did she? Korra's had moments when she caught Asami staring at her, but the two never spoke of it. Was it all in her head? After all, it was probably nothing.

The avatar forced her tired body out of bed and to the bathroom. She was back on Air Temple Island where she would continue to live close to Republic City, but still keep her distance away from the publicity at awkward times. Although Korra  didn't feel completely at home, she would hate to intrude on her friends personal space (not that she wouldn't mind staying in Asami's mansion).

After the Avatar had finished washing up and getting dressed, she headed to the dining room where everyone came to eat together. Kya and Bumi had both gone back home to the water tribe, so from now on, breakfast has been Korra, Tenzin, Pema and all their little ones.

• • • • •

As breakfast was being consumed by the large family, Tenzin has spoken "How'd you sleep Korra?" He asked.

"Like a baby." Korra replied

"I'm sure you did with the amount of alcohol you inhaled yesterday." He said, giving the avatar a slight glare.

"Hey, I'm 21! I'm allowed to have fun at a party if I want to!" Korra said defensively

"Well yes. I suppose..." Tenzin took a small pauseIn that case, I'm sure you'll be happy for what Republic City is doing for you then."

The avatar stared at Tenzin with a confused looked "What are you talking about?"

"Well, we spoke with the president. And he's in favor to throw a party in your honor for saving Republic City and the rest of the world."

"More like his reputation." Korra mumbled under her breath "I'm not so sure I want to have a party in 'my honor' with a bunch of people I don't know Tenzin."

"That's understandable. But I already spoke with your friends and we all convinced the president that we'd be in charge of the party planning. Not the city council." He said.

"I guess.. that's better.." Korra said as she looked down at the table, picking at her food.

"Trust me Korra, you deserve this. It won't be the whole city... but I also can't promise there won't be a few extra's that we would both agree aren't... completely necessary on the guest list. Although the location is big, Asami's home can only hold so many people at a comfortable rate."

The avatar stopped and looked up at Tenzin quickly "It's at Asami's place?!" She yelled a bit as a smile grew on her face, causing everyone else around the room to giggle.

"I forgot you have a crush on Asami, Korra." Tease Jinora

"I do not!" Korra hollered as a slight blush covered her face, causing her to look away "I just... appreciate her a lot. As a friend. She's done so much for me..."

"I bet you wish she did more to you." Meelo in a teased in a song voice

"You little-!"

"Meelo! Enough!" Snapped Pema before Korra could even respond to his snarky comment. Meelo crossed his arms in an angered fashion as he had just been shut down by his mom.

"You three should hurry up if you wanna go help out around the City." She said since now all the children have their responsibilities to help other.

"Last one to the stables is a drowning lemur!" Yelled Ikki as she jumped over the table, running outside before her older sister and younger brother could get the chance

"Hey! No fair!!" Yelled Jinora as she ran after her sister with Meelo just behind her. It's like the room had just gone completely peaceful after the kids had left.

"So.. are you going to see Asami today Korra?" Pema said, knowing the avatars feelings towards the tall girl.

"Um... yeah, probably. Her, Mako, Bolin and I planned to meet up in the city to help rebuild some of the houses that got destroyed during the fight with Kuvira."

"Well isn't that nice... why don't you go get an early start and head over there now? I'm sure Asami could use some company..." She said as she took a bite from her breakfast.

Korra looked up at Pema with a sort of puppy dog eyes, slightly embarrassed. Korra was aware that  Pema knew, she had feelings for Asami.

"What? She went through a lot lately. You're the only person I know who can cheer her up in an instance."

"Okay... I guess you're right..." Korra said as she stood up, soon smiling to herself as she was to see Asami in a few minutes "Thanks for breakfast!" Korra said as she ran out of the room, running out to the front of the house.

"Wait! Korra you need to clean-!" Tenzin signed as he called out after the avatar "Your plates..."

Pema chuckled at her husband "It's alright, you'll get her next time." She teased as Tenzin sighed with annoyance

• • • • •

As Korra rode Naga into the City, she smiled at the thought of her life finally going back to normal. As normal as it could be at least.
She still had so many questions to ask, so many answers to look for within herself. But Sooner or later, time would reveal them all.

I just want to be clear, this story is taking place after Varrick and Zhu li's wedding. I will be taking out the the trip to the spirit world the two girls share in the final scene. I'm going to create my own story... enjoy!