Part 32 - Burns

"DON'T TOUCH ME!!" Asami yelled with a choked sob as she shoved the avatar away from her.

"Hey!" Korra frowned slightly as she fell back from Asami's force, still catching herself before her body made full contact with the bed. The avatar stared at her girlfriend, wondering what could've went wrong in the short time Korra had lost her senses "Asami, what's wrong?!" Korra asked again, getting nothing but cries for an answer.

Korra quickly grabbed her clothes and pulled them onto her body, covering herself once again before she moved closer to her girlfriend "Asami please! Just tell me what's wrong..!" Korra placed a hand on Asami's side and tried to pull her back into the bed, but Asami refused. The tall girl continued to cry as she kept her back facing the avatar, taking a moment before she could create words.

"What did you do to me?!" She yelled.

Korra's brows knitted together out of confusion as she crawled closer towards Asami "I didn't do anything! What could I have done that-!" Korra stopped mid-sentence as she peaked over the tall girls shoulder, finally seeing the damage she's done.

Asami had identical burn marks on her arm and shoulder. Both the exact same size, shape and placement of the avatar's hands. The burns were covered with blisters and the skin around them was peeling back. The smell of burning flesh quickly flooded the avatar's nose as her heart seemed to fall to the pit of her stomach. Korra quickly scrambled out of the bed and stood in front of Asami, examining her burns with a panic "I-I did this!? Why didn't you try and stop me?!"

Asami was in so much pain that it was taking over most of her senses, making it impossible for her to respond. She could hear a pulse in her ears, her vision was blurred, partially from crying and partially from the state her body was in. Staying conscious seemed like it would become a problem for the tall girl. Asami closed her eyes, squeezing them shut as she lowered her head in defeat from the pain. A small sob escaped her lips as she held her arm close to her body protectively, the skin around the burns started to throb.

"Asami?! A-are you okay!?!" Korra asked worriedly as she lifted her girlfriend's head so she could make eye contact with her. The tall girl opened her eyes slowly, sending a death like glare into what felt like avatar's soul "What do you think?" She spat before pulling herself away from Korra's hands and continuing to cry as the pain seemed to only be getting worse.

"I-I'm sorry! I didn't mean to!" Korra said as she tried to take Asami's hands in hers, but she pulled away again.

"You're not helping me right now Korra!" Asami snapped as she started to pant, breathing for her became difficult. Asami's head was spinning and it felt like her air was thinning out.

"Let me try to heal you..!" Korra said as she tried to help Asami stand.

"No!" Asami said as she tried to move away from the avatar's hands, resisting her help. Asami was never one to ask or seek for someone's help, she liked to do things on her own. It's how her brain was programmed, especially when it came to serious problems. Part of the reason behind Asami pushing Korra away was simply because she was mad at her, and she had every right to be. Although... Asami still knew that it wasn't completely Korra's fault that she was burned. It was a mistake, nothing intentional. But how else was she supposed to feel? Her skin was scorched.

Korra frowned a bit as her girlfriend kept avoiding her effort to help. Every time Korra tried to pick Asami up or place a hand on her, Asami just pushed her away. It was like trying to pick up an over grown child.

"Asami! Can you not fight me right now?! I'm trying to help you!" Korra exclaimed as she wrapped an arm around Asami's waist, finally lifting Asami up from the bed.