Part 30 - Early Morning

Once it hit early morning, an alarm had gone off, waking Asami and letting her know it was time for her to get ready for the day. Asami let out a small groan as she was still tired from all her... activities with the avatar that occurred the night before and just a few hours ago. The sound of the alarm clock ringing bounced off the bedroom walls, making the sound come off more pesky. The tall girl sighed as she rolled out of the avatar's embrace and onto her side, reaching her arm over to her nightstand and blindly using her hand to find the clock and shut it off.

Asami rolled onto her back as she pushed her hair out of her face before glancing over at the avatar, who was surprising still asleep even after Asami had moved from on top of her. Korra tended to be a light sleeper and was very possessive of Asami, even in her sleep. She always found a way to pull Asami back into her arms. Asami adored it. She knew she had the avatar wrapped around her finger, but sometimes it still took her by surprise. In the mornings, Asami would normally leave kisses on the avatar's body until she had woken up, but Asami knew Korra needed the sleep. Especially after her episode last night. And today, Asami decided it was best if the avatar took a day off for herself.

The tall girl took another deep breath in and out as she forced herself to sit up and move to the edge of the bed. Asami grabbed her purple robe that was hanging off the headboard and slipped it on, tying it around her waist. She then stood up and made her way over to her vanity sluggishly, where she would start doing her make up. When the girl reached the vanity, she took her seat in her fluffy white chair, looking at her bare face in her giant mirror. She looked tired. Really tired. Asami tended to take showers at night, making her morning process a lot faster. Although, it still took some time for her to get ready since her mind tended to get the best of her while she got ready.

It hasn't really been noted by anyone, but Asami was never the type to share her problems or feelings with anybody. No one ever really thought she had any. Asami was good at keeping her emotions and personal life in check, it's what made her such a good fighter and a good business partner. Everyone Asami was ever with has assumed that she didn't have any problems, any insecurities, any fears. When that was far from true. Most people thought that Asami was just another pretty face, nothing of importance. And at time's, that's all she felt like. Nobody knew it, but Asami always felt out of place when she was with people, especially with 'team avatar'. She felt as if-

She knew she was the weak link. She was the only non-bender. Yeah, she could hold her own, but she could never make a significant difference like Korra, Mako or Bolin could. The three of them could easily overpower her if they wanted to. It was rare for Asami to feel important with team avatar. Only if she knew how many non-benders helped Aang in his time, maybe she would feel valued. Asami's life has always been full of painful feelings and emotions. A big insecurity that Asami hid very well, was that she was jealous of Korra. Everywhere the two went, as a couple or even just as friends, there was never a person to question the avatar (her capabilities at least). When Korra walked into a room, people knew she meant business. It was rare for anyone to try and intimidate Korra, they knew they would be put in their place.

With Asami, it was different. Everyone always questioned what she was capable of, what she was worth. Even after she's proven herself of what she could do, all everyone saw was a pretty face. Asami had a big heart for the people she cared about, she was smart and strong, but the world couldn't see that about her, especially when she was next to Korra. When standing next to the avatar, Asami was washed out. And it might sound odd, but because of this, Asami wasn't always pleased with how she looked. Because Asami looked the way she did, she was used a lot during her life. The people who used Asami (specifically the guys she dated) seemed to always find somebody better than her, or at least they would end up with someone else while they were with her. Living like that did a lot of damage on Ms. Sato's behalf.