Part 19 - Surprise

Asami quickly let go of the avatar's arm once she had realized it was her "Korra! Are you alright?!" Asami bit her lip as she walked to Korra, feeling bad about attacking her the way she did.

Korra was now leaning over slightly as she held onto her newly bruised side "Jesus Asami..." The avatar frowned "You hit like a man..." She mumbled.

"I'll take that as a compliment." Asami said as looked down at the avatar "I wouldn't have to hit you if you didn't sneak up on me this late at night. You scared the shit out of me!"

"You know, 'I'm sorry' works too, right?" Korra mumbled as she stood up straight.

Asami sighed, then nodded "I -... you're right... I'm sorry." She said before hugging Korra gently "I had a really bad day..." Korra wrapped an arm around Asami, hugging her back "These past two weeks have been hell without you Korra..."

The avatar chuckled as she felt tension in Asami's body leave through their hug "I'm that special, huh?" She teased.

"Don't get cocky on me. You just got back."Asami pulled away from the hug quickly, scanning Korra's body "So? Where is it??" She asked, realizing there should be something new about the avatar.

Korra looked up at Asami while chuckling softly "Where's what?" Korra teased, knowing exactly what the tall girl was looking for.

"Your tattoo! Don't be an ass! I want to see it!" Asami exclaimed, playfully pushing Korra.

"Hey! Take it easy! You almost just kicked my ass! Korra laughed as she held onto her side "Can we get home first? I've kinda been waiting for you out here all night..."

"Alright, come on!" Asami grabbed Korra's hand quickly and pulled her to the car. As Asami thought over what the avatar had just said, she frowned, the excitement quickly leaving her face. "Wait... almost?" She let go of Korra's hand as she faced her "What do you mean almost?? I did kick your ass!"

Korra laughed as she walked the rest of the way to the car "Not really... I wasn't even on the ground."

Asami frowned as she watched the avatar "I can do it again you know, just for you."

"You wouldn't stand a chance against me, princess. I'd be ready this time." Korra said teasingly as she turned to face Asami. Korra knew exactly how to get under Asami's skin, and it worked every time.

The tall girl walked to Korra, pushing her up against the car aggressively"You sure about that? Avatar."

Did I actually miss her doing this to me?
Korra looked up at Asami as she continued to hold her side "I'm pretty damn sure. I'd bet all my bending on it."

"We can make a bet." Asami smirked as she looked down at Korra "But let's make it something more... realistic.." She paused for a moment as she thought to herself "We can discuss it when we get home." Asami said before walking around the car and getting into the drivers side.

Korra chuckled as she got in the car as well "Whatever you say, babe." The two girls relationship had resumed as if nothing happened between them. It was perfect.
~
Once Asami parked her car in front of the estate, she wasted no time getting out with Korra and dragging her all the way through the house.

Korra laughed as she let her girlfriend pull her "Would you ease up on me?! I just got home!"

"Quit your complaining!" Asami yelled as she pushed the avatar into her room "Come on! I wanna see!"

Korra chuckled as she walked over to the bed "Can't I just show you tomorrow?"

Asami frowned in response "Korra!!"