Part 22 - Bad Memories

Asami and Korra walked out to the car together, Asami a few steps ahead of the avatar "Hey Korra?"

"Yeah?" The avatar widened her eyes as she caught the keys thrown at her face by Asami "Seriously?? This again?!" Korra frowned as Asami chuckled and got into the passenger seat "You're not gonna try and teach me before putting me out on the road again??" She continued.

Asami looked up at the avatar "Zhu-Li and Varrick's place isn't too far from here. We'll be taking the back roads so you don't have to worry about other traffic. Besides, it's better to learn by diving in head first, you of all people should know that." Asami said as she looked forwards "Now get your ass in the car and drive."

"Define 'too far'." The avatar mumbled to herself as she climbed into the drivers seat. Both girls had buckled up as Korra started the car.

"Now you've done this before. The gas is on the right and the break is on the left." Asami looked at Korra "Just ease into it... and don't beat yourself up if you make a mistake." Asami said calmly "But if you scratch my car, I'll make you lick it clean." She said, not so calmly.

"Right.." Korra mumbled as she placed her hands on the steering wheel. The avatar looked down at her lap nervously as she stayed stiff, too scared to start the car. Asami chuckled as she caught the avatar in such a tense position.

"Out of all things you've had to learn, why does driving seem to bother you the most?"

Korra frowned as she looked up at Asami "What I learned was meant to be apart of me! I'm supposed to learn and master all 4 elements! Which I already did, but driving isn't apart of that! It's not even an element! How am I supposed to control something that's not even apart of what I'm supposed to be?!"

"Korra calm down!" Asami said as she placed a hand on the avatar's thigh, making her go quiet "It's just driving...! It's not that big a deal! You'd be the first avatar to know how to drive. Doesn't that mean something to you?"

"I guess.." Korra mumbled as she looked away from Asami. She liked being the best.

"Exactly. Now, be easy on the gas..." Asami sat back "You're very heavy handed. And heavy footed. A little goes a long way..."

Korra chuckled as she stepped on the clutch, changing the car into first gear "Says the girl who owns over 100 dresses."

"Hey. Don't you bring my wardrobe into this. Besides, I don't see the problem when you like how I look in every single one of them." Asami said making the avatar chuckle as she cautiously started driving. Korra drove extremely slow as she headed down the road of the estate, taking her sweet, sweet time.

"Korra, you do know you can go a little faster.. it took 15 minutes just to get off the damn property. At this rate, we won't make it to Zhu-Li's until tomorrow morning." Asami teased, looking at the avatar.

"Sorry.." Korra sighed a bit "I just... rather be on the safe side.. especially with you in the car.." She said as she stepped on the gas more, finally going the proper speed.

"Don't worry about me Korra.. I'll be fine. Just focus on the car... you're the one in control it. Not the other way around." Asami said as she watched the road "Make a right here."

Korra nodded as she took a deep breath and let it out, calming herself. As the avatar began to make the turn (a wide one) Asami quickly reached over, placing her hands on Korra's, helping her turn the steering wheel more, then letting go as they began heading straight again "Sorry!" Korra yelled nervously.

Asami chuckled "Korra stop being sorry and fix it for next time! When you make a wide turn like that, you risk the chance of hitting another car, if one was there." Asami said as she leaned back in the passenger.