Part 13 - Jealousy

As the two girls headed into the city with Asami driving, it had left an awkward silence between the two of them. Asami was still mad about the previous night and Korra, still shaken up from what happened just a few minutes ago.

"So..." Korra spoke up, breaking the silence "Why are we meeting up with Mako and Bolin?" She asked as she looked at Asami.

"I promised Mako awhile ago I'd design a new motorcycle for him since he's back to being detective under Lin. And he's holding me to that promise." Asami said simply "Bolin's just tagging along for old times sake.."

"Okay... makes sense.." Korra said before looking over the side of the car "You know... I didn't mean to actually piss you off last night... I just-"

"It's alright, you'll be making up for it later." Asami said, keeping her eyes on the road.

Korra blushed as she looked over at Asami. Just the idea of being with Asami in such an intimate way made her nervous, but also excited.

"Don't think I'm forgiving you just yet though." Asami said as she pulled up in front of one of her Future Industries workshops, putting the car in park "Come on." She got out of the car and grabbed a few papers that were rolled up in the back seat.

"Great, so I have to deal with the attitude all day?" Korra mumbled as she unbuckled her seatbelt.

"What was that?" Asami said, raising a brow as she looked at the avatar.

"Nothing!" Korra responded as she got out of the car.

"Good. Now hold these." Asami said, dropping all the paperwork into the avatar's arms. Korra widened her eyes and frowned as she caught the papers "Hey!" She yelled as she watched Asami walk into the workshop. Korra sighed to herself as she dropped her head, in shame "Today's going to be a long day." She mumbled to herself, following Asami in.

The girls headed inside and set everything they had down on the table, waiting for Mako and Bolin to show up. After 15 minutes, Mako and Bolin had finally walked in. Asami lifted her head and frowned softly as she walked towards the two brothers.

"Asami!! Long time no see!" Exclaimed Bolin, still childish as ever. He reached his arms up into the air for a hug before Asami spoke. "You're late." She said with a serious tone, looking down at Bolin as she was slighter taller than him.

Bolin brought his arms down slowly, frowning "Well okay then." He mumbled as he walked over to Korra, defeated "What's her problem?" Bolin whispered to her.

Korra chuckled as she looked at Bolin before crossing her arms "Let's just say... we didn't agree on what to eat for dinner last night... and she went to bed hungry."

Bolin nodded, completely believing the avatar's lie "Makes sense, Mako's like that too. Why are fire-nation people always so cranky?" Bolin teased, causing Korra to laugh.

Asami walked to Mako, frowning as she looked up at him "I'm on a schedule Mako. You need to respect my time." Korra chuckled to herself a bit, knowing Asami would be a lot worse to Mako than she was to Bolin.

"I know! I know! I'm sorry. But someone couldn't decide what he wanted to eat fast enough." Mako said, darting his eyes over to his brother.

"See? Cranky." Bolin said, crossing his arms.

"I promise, I tried to get here as fast as I could." He said, looking down at Asami "Come on.. you know I'd never do anything to hurt you or your business on purpose." Mako said as he put his arms out for a hug.

Asami rolled her eyes and leaned forwards to hug Mako, also allowing him to wrap his arms around her waist, hugging her back  "Right..."

Korra widened her eyes then frowned as she dug her nails into her crossed arms, trying to prevent herself from saying anything.