Part 9 - Making It Offical

Asami widened her eyes and chuckled as she let Korra pull her arm "Jesus! Korra! Take it easy, I'm in heels!" She exclaimed as the avatar continued to pull her.

Korra laughed as she kept tugging on Asami's arm "Not my fault! And you don't even need them!"

"What's the rush anyways?!" Asami laughed as they came to a stop in front of a tall building. Asami looked around, confused to where they were "Uh... Korra?"

"You ready?" Korra said with a small smirk on her face.

Asami looked down a Korra with concern "Whats that face for? I don't like it when you have that-!" Korra quickly cut off Asami from the way she picked her up so abruptly. Korra began to Air-bend her way up the tall building, running along the side of it, her arm under Asami's legs and the other around her torso.

Asami widened her eyes and clenched onto Korra tightly while burying her face in the avatar's neck "Damn it Korra!!!" Asami yelled, causing Korra to chuckle.

As Korra reached the top of the building safely, Asami had dug her nails into the avatars body. Korra laughed a bit as she looked down at her "Asami... you can let go now.." She said as she set the tall girl on the roof gently, keeping her hands on the Asami's waist.

Asami lifted her head slowly as she looked around cautiously then looked down at Korra "You've got quite the grip there Ms. Sato." Korra teased with a smirk on her face.

"Don't flatter yourself." Asami said in response before letting go of Korra  "Give me a warning next time." Korra chuckled as Asami turned around  "Holy hell..." Asami whispered as she walked towards the edge of the building.

The two girls were on the roof of the tallest building in Republic City, which was smack in the center of everything. The city was covered in lights. You could see everything from the rooftop, the estate, Korra's park, the old pro-bending arena "I've seen Republic City in so many ways... but this... this has to be my favorite."

"You've never seen the city like this?" Korra asked as she walked to Asami

"Not necessarily... but I'm talking about the fact that I'm here with you.." Asami said facing Korra, causing her to blush slightly.

"You're such a dork." Korra mumbled as she looked down, trying to hide her blush. Asami put a hand on Korra's chin and lifted her head

"You love it." She whispered before leaning down and kissing the avatar. Asami smiled against Korra's lips as she felt her starting to kiss back. She took the avatar's arms and wrapped them around her waist before she wrapped her own arms around Korra's neck.

After a long kiss, the two girls sat on the rooftop, both of their feet hanging off the edge. The rest of their night was full of nothing but love and a strong connection between the two girls that they tried to fade out over the past couple of years.

• • • • •

It was now morning and the two girls had fallen asleep in their own beds in their rooms. Korra wouldn't exactly mind sharing a bed with Asami, but she knew she would have no control over herself in that sort of situation.

As Korra laid back in her bed, arms behind her head, She smiled to herself, reminiscing the events from the night before "Life couldn't get any better now could it..." Korra whispered to herself before the door to her room was opened. Korra glanced over at the door to see Asami walking in with a tray of food.