Part 21 - Brewing Ideas

After the two girls had gotten out of bed, Asami had decided to reside in her office to get a few things done before the day ended. Korra, being completely attached to the young CEO, stayed with her. Korra had sat down and was now leaning back in Asami's chair, with her legs crossed and resting up on her desk. "This chair is comfortable... I could get used to sitting here." Korra teased as she watched Asami clean up her paperwork.

Asami chuckled at the avatar's comment "Oh yeah? And where am I supposed to sit?"

Korra smirked as she looked up at the tall girl "I can think of a few places.."

Asami laughed as she looked over at Korra "You're getting bold."

Korra shrugged "I'm just getting comfortable." She teased.

"Right.." Asami chuckled "And what places did you want me to sit on exactly?"

Korra stared at Asami a bit, now feeling embarrassed "I um..." Korra cleared her throat "Well.."

"That's what I thought." Asami teased as she set some folders aside, exposing a newspaper that was left on her desk from the previous day. She examined the paper before scoffing and frowning "Raiko seriously has his priorities straight doesn't he?" She said. On the front cover of the newspaper was an image of the President for his 're-election'.
Vote for Raiko! He Protects Like No Other! Nothing Better than 4 More Years!

"Does he not realize there are thousands of his 'voters' who are homeless after the fight with Kuvira?? He's done nothing to help them! At all! And why is he taking all the credit like he helped during the fight? He literally surrendered!" Asami said, getting upset.

"Now you see why I don't like him." Korra said nonchalantly as she placed her hands behind her head, closing her eyes.

"All he can think about, is being re-elected just to sit around and do more of his 'selfless work'." Asami mumbled as she looked back down at the paper reading into it more. After a few moments of reading, Asami came to a part of the newspaper where it had seemed the writer was interviewing the current president in office.

Asami furrowed her brows as she began to read out loud " 'And once again, Avatar Korra has done nothing but destroy Republic City. She forced a new spirit portal upon us and caused many of my people to suffer. Ever since she got here she's been nothing but a-'." Asami cut herself off "Is he fucking serious?!" Asami looked up at the avatar "Have you seen this Korra!? He's blaming you, after you saved the world! Again! How can you just sit there and-!"

"Asami." The avatar sighed "He's been blaming me for everything, for the last 4 months." She said as she looked up at her girlfriend "He's been making me look bad to get the people on his side for the election."

"That's insane! You need to go help those people! And show them that what he's saying is wrong!"

"I've tried Asami. Raiko won't let me near any of the evacuation camps or the old neighborhoods!" The avatar set her feet down on the floor as she sat up, bringing her arms down as well.

"Since when do you ever listen to what Raiko has to say Korra?!" Korra stayed quiet as she looked away from Asami. The tall girl frowned as the avatar didn't respond to her "Korra!"

"Because everyone hates me again Asami!" Korra yelled as she looked at the tall girl "I was almost killed and I was practically paralyzed for 6 months! And instead of bouncing back like an avatar is supposed to, I disappeared from Republic City for 3 years, only to come back to Kuvira going bat-shit crazy and trying to take over everything! And after I stopped her, I almost died, again! I made a new spirit portal that destroyed thousands of peoples homes, leaving them homeless and hungry for months! And now the damn president won't let me do anything about it while he tells the world I'm just too lazy to do anything!! They HATE me!! And they have every right to!" Korra yelled, now breathing heavily from anger.

Asami stayed silent for a moment as she let the avatar cool off a bit "Korra... why didn't you tell me this before? We could've figured something out."

"You have your project with Raiko and I didn't want to interfere with that anymore than I already did! I didn't want you getting involved! Plus, you're a little aggressive when it comes to people not liking me!"

"Well yeah! Because you never did anything wrong! You're amazing!!" Asami said as she thought back to their meeting with the president. That's why she was so upset "Korra... if I knew how he spoke about you, I would've never-"

"It doesn't matter Asami.." Korra looked down "He's just an asshole. I didn't want you working with him because eventually, just like everything else, he'll take all the credit for your hard work." She crossed her arms.

Asami sighed as she walked over to Korra before turning her in the chair and squatting down in front of her "Korra.." She took the avatar's hands in hers "We're going to figure this out.. no ones going to ruin my business and take my credit. And no one is going to think you're some half-assed avatar. Because you're not."

"They already do Asami." Korra said, looking down at the CEO.

"Then we'll have to change their minds." Asami said as she stood back up.

"And how are we supposed to do that? All the people in downtown Republic City refuse to take my help."

"Korra. I'm the CEO of Future Industries and the daughter of an evil mastermind. We'll get it done."

"But how?" Korra asked.

"We can try the lawful way... and if that doesn't work, then we do it my way."

Korra stared up at Asami for a little before saying anything. Asami is passionate about her work, but she's never seen her like this "And if 'your way' doesn't work.. then what?"

"My way always works babe." Asami said as she carefully straddled the avatar's body, sitting down in her lap. Korra glanced down at Asami's body before she placed her hands on the girl's hips, gripping  them tightly. Asami placed her hand on the avatar's chin, making her meet her gaze as she continued "I'll make sure we get all those people get somewhere nice to live... and we'll get your real reputation back." She said as she draped her arms around the avatar's neck "The world will love you almost as much as I do."

Korra bit her lip as she looked up Asami "You look really hot when you're coming up a diabolical plan." She teased.

"Thanks.. I get it from my dads side." Asami teased as well before kissing the avatar.

Korra kissed back as she ran her hands over Asami's body, pulling her in close. It wasn't long before the avatar pulled away "While we're fighting for my so called 'reputation'... I want to keep finding housing for the people first... they've been living in tents for 4 months.."

"Of course... I might be the descendent of a diabolical genius. But I'm not evil." Asami said playfully as she stood up "I need to talk to Zhu-Li and Varrick if we're gonna do this... you wanna come?"

"Is it gonna be like one of your boring business meetings?" Korra groaned as she threw her head back.

Asami laughed as she took the avatar's hands, pulling her to her feet "This is a plan the avatar needs to attend, Korra. Besides... with those two... I doubt it'll be boring."

Korra sighed heavily as she nodded in agreement "Alright fine. Let's go."

"Thank you."

And just like that, the crazy couple was off to start Ms. Sato's plan, with possibly an even crazier couple.

~