Part 33 - The Process

Korra reached her arm down into the bath and flipped the switch so the water could begin draining. Asami watched the avatar stand up from the side of the tub and walk around the bathroom. Korra grabbed a towel, a first aid kit, then Asami's bathrobe, making Asami wonder what her plan was.

"What are you doing?" Asami asked softly as Korra walked back to the tub and sat back down on the edge.

"Making sure the burns don't get worse." Korra responded as she set everything down "Give me your arm."

"Someone's a little demanding." Asami said teasingly as her brows knitted together in a concerning manner.

"I'm just trying to help.." Korra said quietly as she looked at Asami. Korra was easily kicked down by Asami's comments, mostly because she always took them to heart. She never wanted to make Asami feel less than and was always scared that the smallest thing would make her lose Asami forever. Hence why when they argued, most of the time Korra backed down.

"Korra... I'm just messing with you.." Asami said as she lifted her arm and carefully placed it in the avatar's lap, the burn facing up.

"Right.." Korra said as she let out a small sigh. Moving past the comments, Korra picked up the towel she had by her side and gently held Asami's arm in her hand "This might hurt.." She warned before lightly tapping around Asami's burn, wiping off as much excessive water and puss she could.

Out of instinct, Asami's breath hitched while winced in pain. The avatar's touch made the healing process seem irrelevant due to the way it was hurting now. Asami quickly lowered her head, causing Korra to pause and look down at the tall girl "Sorrryy.." She sang out.

"It's.." Asami paused for a moment so she could even out her breath and fight off the pain "It's fine.." She said as she lifted her head back up, looking at the bright red color that formed around the burn "Just hurry up.."

The avatar nodded as she did just that. After cleaning up around the rest of the wound, Korra set the towel to the side and grabbed the first aid kit, opening it up and taking out a few items. Korra opened the antibacterial cream that was in the first-aid kit and using her bending, she lifted the cream out of the container and placed it on Asami's arm without physically touching her skin. The less skin to skin contact, the better. 

Asami let out a small breath as the feeling of the antibiotic seemed to help exponentially, soothing away the pain. The tall girl watched Korra closely as she stayed focus on her task. Watching Korra was something Asami could do all day, she was so drawn to her. Any and everything Korra did, Asami either found attractive or amusing. The way Korra was focused, the way she reacted to things, the way she could be so gentle or so forceful, all took place in reason why Asami loved the avatar.

Korra hadn't even realize that Asami was staring at her, which was normal. Asami was always discreet with her actions, and Korra wasn't exactly the most observant person when she wasn't saving the world. The tall girl stared at the avatar's hands as she cautiously used the adhesive bandage from the kit to carefully wrap Asami's burn. Korra was so gentle with her, it was comforting.

"You shouldn't be moving your wrist too much Korra.." Asami said as she just remembered Korra's wrist was still injured from a few nights before. It wasn't as noticeable since Korra had removed the wrap from her wrist, making Asami forget that she had even hurt herself "Doesn't it hurt?" Asami asked as she looked up at the avatar, but she didn't get a response.