Part 10 - The Press

Asami chuckled as she kissed back before pulling away soon after "Come on... You need to get dressed."

"Says who?" Korra mumbled as she began to kiss Asami's neck again. She couldn't get enough of her. Asami closed her eyes at the avatar's kisses, enjoying it a little too much, but she didn't want it to stop.

Even though it had to at one point.

Asami pulled away reluctantly "I did. Now come on." She chuckled as she stood up slowly "There's something I need to show you."

Korra watched Asami as she got up with a smirk on her face "Aren't I looking at it?"

Asami rolled her eyes as she grabbed a pillow from the bed, hitting the avatar with it "That's not what I meant! Now get up!"

Korra laughed as she held onto the pillow, pulling it away from Asami "Alright! Alright! Just give me 5 minutes!"

"You have 1." Asami said as she walked to the door.

"3!" Korra yelled out after her.

"Just get dressed Korra!" Asami yelled back before leaving the room.

Korra laughed to herself as she stood up, she knew she had Asami wrapped around her finger. But the same went for Asami.
I'd do anything for her.

And to her.

Once the avatar had gotten dressed, she headed down to the first floor of the estate " 'Sami?" She called out.

"In here!" Asami called out from the dining area. Although there was never more than 5 people who lived in the estate at once, the dining room had a table that could seat more than 20 people.

Korra walked into the room to find Asami sitting at the head of the table, legs crossed with a cup of tea and a newspaper next to her.

So classy.

"Alright Ms. Sato, what did you need to show me?" Korra asked as she walked towards her newly claimed girlfriend. Asami pushed the newspaper towards Korra so she could see for herself. Korra looked down at it, then let out a heavy, defeated sigh. A picture of Korra and Asami from their dinner last night was on the front page. Specifically, from the moment Asami allegedly tried sit in Korra's lap.

Does Avatar Korra Have a New Love Interest? Possibly Future Industries CEO, Asami Sato?

"Damn it." Korra frowned "Can't two girls go out to dinner, without the world think they were sucking each others faces off?!"

Asami chuckled at the avatar's reaction "I mean... we kinda did."

"Yeah, yeah." Korra mumbled "But not at the restaurant." The avatar rubbed her head out of stress "I knew this would happen but... I didn't expect it so soon.."

"Well, when you have two powerful women like us going out at night, alone, the town is gonna talk Korra." Asami said before taking a drink from her tea "What do you wanna do about it?" She asked looking up at Korra and setting her cup down.

"I ... I don't really know.." Korra said sitting down in the chair next to Asami.  "I think.." Korra looked down as she started to think things over.

"Korra...." Asami said softly as she placed one of her hands on Korra's, squeezing it lightly "I'm okay with whatever you think is best..."

The avatar looked up at Asami, smiling softly at her comforting words "I think it's best to deny it.. for now. With everything finally starting to settle down around here after Kuvira... I don't need another crazy person trying to destroy the world and using you as leverage to get to me..."

Asami laughed a bit "Well... even if they did. If they wanted to get to me, they'd have to put up one hell of a fight." Asami said teasingly "Besides... I wouldn't mind keeping us to ourselves for awhile... having cameras in our face 24/7 isn't the ideal way of starting out our relationship."

"Agreed." Korra said, looking down now "I'm worried about what our friends might think more than anything. What if they figure it out?" Korra looked back up at Asami "I mean... Mako already knows that I only wrote back to you while I was gone, What if he connects the dots?"

Asami rolled her eyes "Korra please. Mako's smart, but he's not that smart. What we have going on is absolutely nobody's business, especially not his."

Korra chuckled as she shook her head, thinking to herself a bit "How the hell did you ever date that guy? What did you see in him?" Korra said teasingly.

"You tell me Avatar. You're tongue was always half way down his throat whenever we dated." Asami spit back playfully before taking another sip from her cup.

"Right..." Korra laughed as she leaned back in her chair, crossing her arms lightly "Does he still flirt with you?"

Asami shrugged lightly "Not intentionally.... I think he still has feelings for me." Asami sighed softly "You know... I'd do anything for him. But he always makes it so awkward...he really needs to move on."

"Tell me about it." Korra rolled her eyes as she brought her feet up and rested them on Asami's lap, crossing her legs "After I woke up on Air Temple Island, I wasn't wearing anything but pants and surgical wrap around my boobs. I panicked because I thought he was the one who changed me.. but it was Kya." Korra laid her head back as she looked at the ceiling "He couldn't stop mentioning how he saw me naked years ago, after that"

"Seriously?" Asami looked at Korra, frowning "I guess nothing has changed over the last 3 years for him."

"Guess not." The two girls sat in silence for a moment before bursting out into laughter together.

"Man he's gonna be mad when he finds out about us." Korra said, chuckling.

"Let him." Asami said with a shrug "He's not our problem anymore."

"Damn right." Korra laughed a bit before sitting up and setting her feet back down on the ground "If we are going to tell anyone about us... I think we should tell my parents..."

Asami froze a bit when Korra said this "Are.. you sure you want to tell them? So soon?" She asked as she looked up at the avatar.

Korra nodded "Yeah... I tell them everything" She made eye contact with Asami "Is.. something wrong?"

Asami's family came from both Earth kingdom, but mostly Fire-Nation decent. Both Nations are still very 'traditional', and not very accepting of anything but a man/woman relationship. Both of the Water-tribes on the other hand were more accepting with letting people love whoever they wanted to. The South being more open than the North, but overall, the tribes were okay with it.

"No I just... didn't expect you to be so quick to tell them.. is all.." Asami said shyly "Which isn't a problem! I just.. didn't come from that kind of background."

Korra took Asami's hand tightly "I assure you.. they would be beyond happy that I'm with you Asami.. they love you."

Asami smiled softly as she looked at Korra "How do you always know what to say?" She asked, making Korra chuckle

"Trust me... I don't. I just.. told you the truth.. to make you feel better.."

"Well it worked." Asami said before grabbing Korra's face and pulling her into a kiss. The avatar widened her eyes as she chuckled, kissing her girlfriend back.

"Come on." Asami said as she pulled away "We have a statement to make." She stood up and took Korra's hand, pulling her to the front door of the estate.

"Yes Boss." Korra said playfully before the two girls headed out of their home, off the Sato property and out into Republic City.