Part 5 - Freak Out

It was now the next morning and Korra was in her bathroom, staring at herself in the mirror. "What the hell Asami..." She mumbled to herself. Korra turned her face a bit to see the bright red mark Asami's hand had left "No way in hiding that... I knew she was strong but... I didn't need to see it first hand.."

Korra sighed as she put on her clothes, she couldn't stop herself from replaying the entire night in her mind over and over again.

'She said she loved me... did she really mean it? And loved? Does that mean she... she did before?.... doesn't now..?  Did I not notice? Was it all because she was drunk..?'

"Damn it!" Korra yelled as she put threw her head back and used her hands to drag them along her face. "Today's going to suck." She mumbled to herself before walking out of the bathroom and into the hallway.
———
As Korra made her way down the kitchen to grab something to eat, she heard Asami's voice which made her stop in her tracks. 'She's already awake?! How?!' Korra was no where near ready to face her after what happened last night. Does she even remember? Did it mean anything to her at all if she did?

Korra tried to avoid Asami altogether by sneaking past the doorway of the kitchen, and rushing to the door. Korra had gotten her hand on the doorknob, but before she could even it she could hear Asami's voice calling after her "Korra...?"

The avatar took a deep breath as she closed her eyes, trying to find her composure. Out of all the things I've dealt with, why does this seem to be the hardest?

"Um... Hey.. Asami..." She turned around slowly to see Asami in her purple robe which was wrapped around a matching nightgown.

"Hey..." Asami walked towards Korra, biting her lip which caused Korra to look down. "How are you feeling...?"

"I'm... I'm fine..." She said as she scratched the back of her neck.

Asami stared at Korra for a moment before speaking again "I just wanted to talk about last night.. I wanted to apologize...."

Korra's eyes widened as her face became red "W-what? Oh no!" She looked up at Asami "We.. we don't need to talk about it at all! It's fine actually!"

"What? No... Korra what I said... they way I said it.. and how I acted? It was inappropriate... and I don't want it ruining our friendship..." She walked closer to Korra, taking her hand gently and holding it between the both of hers.

Korra's face became more red as she looked at their hands "I -I mean... if you ask me.. I didn't.. exactly hate it... none of it.. actually..." She mumbled and looked away, completely embarrassed for telling Asami this much.

"What..?" Asami looked at Korra with confusion "Korra.. you walked away angry.. I could tell I hurt your feelings I-.."

Korra stopped as she started to rethink about last night, the entire night "Asami... what exactly are you apologizing for...?" Korra asked as she looked up at her friend.

Asami sighed as she let go of Korra's hand "Me letting my emotions get the best of me while i was drunk... I never meant to make you feel bad I was just.. I was angry and hurt I haven't seen you in so long." She looked down at Korra as if she was looking for something, a certain response. Her stare makes my skin crawl, in the best way possible.
"I can't blame you for staying away for so long... I know you need your time and-.."

Korra took a deep breath realizing Asami wasn't aware of their kiss from the night before. "Asami.. it's fine.. you we're drunk. But you are right... I don't have the right to judge or control you like that."

"It's not fine Korra!" She took a closer step to her and placed her hands on Korra's shoulders. Asami was now inches away from the avatars face "Me being drunk should not be an excuse to take anger out on you, that's not even for you! You were just trying to look out for me! I'm.. I'm sorry.."