Part 4 - Intimidation

The party was amazing. Every single one of Korra's family and friends had come just to celebrate her and her success as the avatar. No one was arguing, there was only laughter and joy. For the first time in a long, long time, Korra felt like things were finally going back to normal, with an exception.

Korra had been sitting on the staircase in front of Asami's estate as the party went on for most of the night. As much as her life was returning to normal, she couldn't help but be alone, Because that's how she felt. Nobody could imagine what she went through, what it all could have felt like. The poison, the stress, the identity crisis.

Korra wasn't angry, or sad, or upset. She felt nothing. She was just numb to the world. She felt powerless, there was nothing driving her anymore.

'Nobody gets it...'

Korra continued to sit in her silence, letting her thoughts take over her mind. She was tired. Physically, mentally, and spiritually.

Suddenly, A tall figure grabbed Korra's attention as it approached her. "What are you doing here all alone? Aren't you enjoying the party?"

"Asami...?" Korra looked up as she Asami came in front of her. Korra watched Asami carefully. She was the only person who could make korra stop feeling so down, so weak "I am... I just needed some fresh air is all..."

Asami looked down at Korra with a worried look on her face "But... we're outside... There's fresh air all around us.." Korra looked down at the comment, realizing what she said couldn't make sense to anyone but herself.

Asami sighed as she reached out for Korra's arm, grabbing it and pulling the avatar to her feet and pulled her to her feet "Come on... You need to let go." She said and started pulling Korra along with her.

Korra looked at Asami as the two started walking together, side by side with asami's hands wrapped around Korra's arm, making sure she couldn't run off. "Where are we going?"

"Taking you to get a drink, You deserve one."

"If you say so..." Korra looked down as they walked. As much as Korra felt numb.. Asami's touch made her heart burst into flames.

• • • • •

The two girls had been standing by the bar with Korra only taking a shot every now and then. Korra didn't like to overdo her consumption of alcohol, she wanted to be aware of her surroundings. God forbid something were to happen... she needed to be as focused as possible. She was already distracted by her own person.

Asami however, was drinking like there was no tomorrow. Her shots were consecutive and overpowering. It seemed like she was drinking to wash down her emotions. Whenever Asami looked at Korra, her eyes lit up. But if she looked away, specifically to tilt her head back for a shot, it's like all of that faded away.

Korra couldn't watch her friend anymore without concerning for her every move. Asami was now tipsy, and with the amount of alcohol she just had, it wouldn't be too long before she was completely drunk.

Korra laughed slightly as she stepped closer to friend "Alright... that's enough for now Asami..." She said as she pushed the multiple shot glasses away from her.

"What? Why?" Asami looked down at Korra with nothing but confusion "I can handle my alcohol Korra."

"I know Asami..." She chuckled "But we should take a small break... come on, let's go dance..." She took asami's hand and started to walk away, but Asami pulled her hand away before she could even get anywhere.

"Maybe I don't want to."

"Asami..." Korra looked back at her friend "I know you don't want to but I can see where this is heading and-"