Part 2 - Embarressment

As Korra impatiently waited at the front door of Asami's house, she started to feel slightly nervous. Asami and her has gotten closer over the three years Korra was gone, even though it seemed impossible with them hundreds of miles apart. Korra would always and only ever respond to Asami's letters. She loved writing to her, it felt as if Asami was the only person in the world who could understand Korra completely.

Their bond has grown off of trust and compassion the two have for each other. Korra knew she has feelings for Asami, but she didn't want to admit them. 'Do I really like Asami? Shit... do I even like girls?' Korra thought to herself 'Could it just be because she was there for me..? Does she even look at me that way?' Korra looked down at the ground as a million thoughts raced through her head, but soon was interrupted by the front door swimming open.

"Korra!!" Asami smiled and quickly leaned in, wrapping her arms around Korra and hugging her tightly. Korra widened her eyes as she hugged back her friend.

"Woah! Easy!" She chuckled and looked at Asami "you saw me yesterday!"

"Well yeah but... we were around so many people. We didn't get a chance to be alone." Asami said as she stood up straight, releasing the avatar from her embrace.

"Come on in, did you eat anything yet? How're you feeling?" Asami asked as she stepped to the side, letting Korra walk in.

"Yes I did... but I could be better.. I have a wicked headache from last night."

Asami laughed "I could imagine, you're quiet the alcoholic Korra." She teased

"What?! No I'm not!" Korra yelled and frowned, then winced, realizing her yelling wasn't helping get rid of the headache in anyway.

After Asami shut the door, she invited the avatar into the kitchen "Come on, I'll make you some tea and we'll get you fixed right up." Asami said as she put her hand out for Korra to take

Korra was still nervous to be around Asami. She couldn't tell if Asami was ever flirting with her, being nice, or both. "Lead the way..." Korra said, pretending not to see Asami's hand.

• • • • •

As Korra and Asami sat across from each other at a small table with a tea kettle between them, a small awkward silence stood between the two.

"How's everything on the island?" Asami asked trying to break the silence.

"It's nice... same as always.." Korra said with a shrug "It's only quieter since all the airbenders are off helping the rest of the world..." She said as she looked down at her teacup, letting her thoughts run through her mind.

"You know my offer is still open Korra..."

"Asami...." She said with a sigh "I don't want to intrude."

"You wouldn't be!" Asami said quickly looking up at the avatar "Korra I'm asking you to come stay with me!"

"I know but-"

"Korra, this house is huge. It gets lonely... often." Asami said as the tone in her voice saddened "After you left... you were gone for so long. I felt so alone... i couldn't talk to anyone. I thought fixing things with my dad... I thought I wouldn't be alone anymore." She looked down at the table "Having you here would make everything better... you'd be closer to Republic City, Bolin, Mako... and me... we'd be a strong team again."

When Asami said this, it gave Korra butterflies.

"I'm not going to force you... but I would really like to have someone here again.." Asami said looking up at Korra again "Especially you."

Korra became flustered as she listened to her friend. Did she mean that much to Asami? Looking down quickly as a blush covered her face, she said "I ... I guess when you put it that way..."

Asami's face lit up as she sat up in her chair "Is that a yes??"

Korra looked up at the tall girl with a blush still on her cheeks, then nodded softly "Yes..."

"Oh my-! I didn't think you'd actually agree! Thank you Korra!!" Asami said with a wide smile on her face. She got up quickly, walked around the table and wrapped her arms around korra, hugging her tightly. Korra's blush became brighter as she felt the warmth from Asami's body. Her touch drove the avatar insane. Her smell. Her smile. Her.

Korra laughed shyly as she hugged her friend back "I should be the one thanking you Asami..."

As the tall girl pulled away she held the avatar's hands "I can help you bring everything over as soon as you'd like..." Asami smiled "We can do it before the party... that way all you have to do is enjoy yourself." Asami pulled away and grabbed the now finished tea cups and kettle, then brought them into the kitchen.

Korra watched her careful, still not being able to find the words to say to Asami. All she wanted to do was blurt our 'I LOVE YOU ASAMI!', but she couldn't. She couldn't risk to ruin their friendship. Korra got up and followed Asami into the kitchen, all she could do was try to change the subject so her own thought process wouldn't kill her.

"So, when.. Is this party supposed to take place?"
Korra asked as she watched Asami wash the dishes that were in the sink.

"Probably in a few weeks... we still need to get everything together. The city council is blowing everything out of proportion and making it an even bigger production than it should be."

"Of course they are." Korra said as she leaned against the wall, staring at Asami immensely. She couldn't pick what she wanted to look at. Her face, her hands, her body.

"But don't worry, I know my girl." Asami said teasingly as she continued to wash the dishes. After a  few moments of silence, Asami paused to look at the staring avatar "Korra...?" No response. "Korra."

"Huh?" She said quickly as she shook her head, snapping herself out of the stare

Asami chuckled "You were staring..."

"What?? N-no I wasn't-! I was just... I was just admiring your dishwashing!" Korra said with instant regret, knowing how stupid she just sounded.

"My dishwashing?" Asami asked with a chuckle.

"If there's something you'd like to say Korra you can just say it.." Asami knew that Korra had feelings for her. Well... that she felt something towards her. Asami loved making Korra nervous, she could do it so easily, but she couldn't understand why it pleased her so much.

"I.... i um...." Korra struggled to make a sentence out of her thoughts "I don't have anything to say." She said, crossing her arms become her usual stubborn self

Asami chuckled "Right..." She said as she dried off her hands "Why don't we go meet up with Bolin and Mako?"

"I think that's a splendid idea." Said the avatar, with her chest lifted. She spun on her heels and walked out of the kitchen. Once she was out of Asami line of sight, she breathed out heavily in embarrassmentC knowing she knows she had just got caught at staring at Asami.

Nobody could ever make Korra jumble her words, not the way Ms. Sato could.