part 5 <3

From that day onwards, Draco made it a point to avoid me. But as he was drifting away, Cedric and I got a lot closer.

"Morning y/n!" Cedric said as he hugged me from behind.

I was sitting at the Gryffindor eating breakfast when I felt his arms wrap around me.

"Good Morning to you as well," I replied. Cedric seemed to have a bit more pep in his step today. "What's got you all sunshine and smiley today?" I inquired.

"Ohhh nothing," He exaggerated. "But do you have any plans for today?"

"Nope. None at all. Why?"

He leaned down to whisper in my ear and said, "Come with me to Hogsmeade."

I looked back at him, a little confused as to why it was a secret, and nodded my head. But as I turned my head around and felt a pair of grey eyes staring at me. I looked up, and there was a malicious smirk and wearing it was Malfoy. I made a face at him that expressed 'why are you staring at me?' He quickly looked down at his food and we only made eye contact when leaving the great hall.

Could Draco still like me? After a full month of no communication, has he held on to his feelings? I cast the thought out of mind. I didn't was Draco to ruin my trip to Hogsmeade.

I stepped outside wearing a sweatshirt, some jeans, and a beanie. The air was thin and cold. This winter had been a tough one. But it was thankfully clearing up. The sun shone brightly over the campus, clearing up whatever snow was left from yesterday's storm.

I made my way to the courtyard and I saw Cedric waiting there for me. We exchanged smiles, linked arms, and were off to Hogsmeade.

We made our way there, took a seat in a far corner at the 3 broomsticks, and ordered food. The conversation went on as it normally does, and that's when I noticed Cedric fidgeting.

"Cedric, are you okay? Your fidgeting with your fingers a lot." I asked, genuinely concerned.

"Haha, I'm fine. It's nothing." Cedric said as a drop of sweat rolled down his forehead.

"Is there something you're not telling me? Since when do you keep secrets from me of all people?" I replied in an angered tone.

"y/n it's not anything li-"

I cut him off and said, "If you want to keep secrets, that's fine. But don't expect me to put up with it."

I got up from our booth and took a total of 4 steps when he blurted, "I was going to ask you to be my girlfriend!"

Every eye in the pub was on us. I turned around with a softened expression, truly shocked, and said "Was...?"

"The offer still stands." He said quietly, still fidgeting with his hands.

There wasn't a doubt in my mind. I had known the answer to this question for a while now.

"Yes." I said with a giant smile.

Mutters came from around us, "What did she say?"

My emotions took over and I loudly exclaimed, "I said yes!!" Cheers and claps erupted as I ran into his arms and when I hugged him it felt new. Yesterday I hugged him as his best friend. Now I'm hugging him as his girlfriend!

I wish I could've stayed in that moment forever.

________________________________________________________________________________

I hope you guys are enjoying the story so far! I'm not sure how many chapters I'll be able to post today but I will do my best. Don't forget to vote!

-prianka <3