part 6 <3

I'm not sure how, but the whole school found out about Cedric and me in less than a day. This means Draco's definitely heard it by now, and I was not in the mood to face him. Yesterday in the 3 Broomsticks was one of the best days of my life. I don't think I've ever felt that happy. And I wanted that happiness to last as long as possible.

It lasted 30 minutes. Draco found Cedric and I doing our work together in the Study Hall when he decided to burst our little bubble.

"Look who we have here." Draco spat. His smug smile spread through his friends. "Diggory and Alatar. No wonder I have the highest grade in Divination. I predicted this and I didn't even need a crystal ball to do it." He sneered.

"Take your seat, Mr. Malfoy." Professor McGonagall called out.

He looked me up and down and sneered.

I got up out of my seat, stared down Malfoy, and left the room in an angry fit. If I was in the same room as him for another minute I could've exploded. I walked as fast as I could down the hall but didn't make it there before I heard Cedric call out my name.

"Y/N. Wait!"

I pretended to ignore him. I'm not sure why. He could probably make me feel better and ease my mind. But I just didn't want to talk.

He raced down the hall and caught up with me. "Y/n! Are you okay?" He stood in front of me, blocking my path.

"Yeah, I'm fine. I just don't want to talk right now." I answered, keeping my head down.He put his hand gently under my chin and lifted it to meet his eyes. I could tell he was genuinely concerned. I melted into his arms. He made me feel safe and calm. The whole world could be ending and as long as I was in his arms, everything would be okay.

His eyes lit up as if there was an imaginary light bulb over his head. "I have just the thing to cheer you up. At 8:00 come to our spot." He said this fast and left.

I could feel him trying to hide a smirk. I wonder what he had planned. It was going to be a while before 8:00 hit. Giving me enough time to head back to my dorm and relax.

I entered the door and all eyes turned to me.

Hermione raced to me and said, "I heard about you and Ced! Congratulations!!" She embraced me in a tight hug and pulled me over to the couch where a lot of the girls huddled around me.

"Tell us everything!" Lavender said a little too aggressively, but I went along with it.

I told them everything. How we walked around Hogsmeade, which stores we went to, what happened in the 3 broomsticks, and what happened after. Their reactions consisted of "Awww's", "Oooh's", and "Hehehe's" I even told them about my little run-in with Draco in the study hall.

"He's a foul, loathsome little cockroach," Hermione said, rage burning in her eyes.

The Draco insults kept rolling when I realized what the time was. I slipped out of the conversation and rushed to the 5th floor. I arrived at the Prefects bathroom. I slowly opened the door and my mouth fell open.