part 18 <3

I don't even remember what happened after my fight with Draco. I just went home and crashed. There was too much drama in my life and I just wanted to forget. With the blink of an eye, 9 hours of sleep had passed and it was the next day; the day of the banquet. I was not excited to see Cedric nor Draco. The day that I had once been so excited for, was now the day I was dreading.

Whenever my family hosts events, my mom hires hair and makeup dressers to pretty us up. So I awoke knowing the drill. I went downstairs to my mum's bathroom and there was the crew. I sat down in my chair and dozed off as they washed my hair and painted my face. This ritual was therapeutic. 

I had never been a fan of caking on makeup so I asked them for a natural look. After giving me an hour-long facial, they applied tinted BB cream to my face, the waxed and plucked my eyebrows, and they applied highlight to all the high points of my face. I looked in the mirror and I was surprised at how good I looked. I hadn't been putting in that much effort into my appearance lately and I had forgotten how petty I could be. When they finished with my hair and makeup the time was 3:00 pm.

The banquet wasn't until 6:00 so I made myself scarce and found something to pass the time. I found myself in the library. Reading was had a calming effect on me. I found joy in emerging myself in a different reality. To live a snippet of someone else life while still maintaining my own.

At the sound of footsteps, I looked up from my book to find my dad standing in the doorway.

"Y/n, shouldn't you be in your dress? The Banquet is only a couple of hours away from now."

I looked at the watch on my wrist and saw the time was. It was 4:30. "I'll do that right away father," I replied.

He exited the room with a smile on his face and went back to commanding the minions running frantically around the house.

I still had a dress dilemma. I didn't want to give Draco the satisfaction of wearing his dress when I know he did something to sabotage me and Cedric. So I decided to wear a different dress.  

This dress was my second favorite out of the other dresses we had purchased

This dress was my second favorite out of the other dresses we had purchased. I went back downstairs to my mother's bathroom to find the crew on their break. At the sight of me, they jumped back to work. I eased them and told them that I was here for my shoes. I grabbed the pair of golden shoes with the ankle strap and headed back upstairs. I opened my closet and picked out the dress. As I slipped it on, I heard the doorbell ring. I looked at the clock on my bedside table and the time was 6:10. The first guest was here. I admired the dress in the mirror and headed out of the room. As the only child of the house, it was my duty to welcome the guest. So I made my down to my rightful place.

And the night began.

--------------------------------------

Sorry that this chapter wasn't as eventful. Thank you for the love and support on the story though. Thank you so much and don't forget to vote!!

-prianka <3