part 23 <3

My eyes were closed as I felt myself whisk off into a land of dreams, yet I was still fully aware of my surroundings. I could feel the gust of wind that sent shivers up my spine, the numbness of my legs as they hung off the roof, as well as the creak of my door opening. I stayed completely motionless not wanting to break the silence of the night. No words could ease the pain that rested in the pit of my stomach. It was as if I had the wind knocked out of me or as if there was an unavoidable void in my heart. I could someone climbing out of my window to join me on the roof. 

An unmistakable voice that belonged to Draco Malfoy cut through the air, "The view from here is really nice. I can see why you like it so much."

"Are you cold?" He asked, clearly noticing my goosebumps.

I stayed silent but he still took his suit jacket off and placed it on my shoulders. 

He gave out a large sigh and then started to talk. "When I was a kid, and I got in a fight with my father, my mom would take me to our balcony to stare at the moon and count the stars. She would dry my tears and say, your tears are too precious to be wasted on such small things."

I sat up straight but still refrained from making eye contact. 

He continued, "Cedric is a real foul git for what he did to you." 

"So are you." I spat back.

"What?" He asked, wearing a look of confusion, "What did I do?"

"You had so many other opportunities to tell me this information but you chose today. I had been looking forward to this day for weeks." I said sourly, knowing that wasn't the true reason I was upset. 

"Y/n, I'm so sorry. I tried to tell you, but I couldn't. I-." He trailed off.

"Whatever. What's done is done." I announced softly as a light tear rolled down my cheek.

I could feel him shift closer to me and his legs brushed mine. 

"Y/n, I have to tell you something. I have been feeling this way for a while now-" 

"No," I cut him off sharply. "Don't finish that sentence."

"Y/n, I'm trying to tell you-" He started.

"I know what you're trying to say. And I can't hear that right now." I vocalized, finally looking him in his eyes. 

"There is something between us and you know it. I know you can feel the tension between us too." 

"No. I don't." I muttered quietly. 

Draco's eyebrow's raised almost taking my comment as a challenge. 

"Oh really..." He reached his hand up to my cheek and wiped off any trace of my salty droplets. "Then you shouldn't feel anything when I do this."

He leaned and pressed his lips against mine. Even though his hands were freezing cold, his lips provided warmth that spread throughout my body. He tasted of mint and apples and his hands cupped my face. He kissed deep, but soft, leaving my heart wanting to jump out of my ribcage. Before he pulled away bit down gently on my bottom lip leaving me wanting more. I finally opened my eyes to meet his after a moment of breathlessness. 

"Change your mind?" He smirked.

I rolled my eyes and muttered, "Shut up and kiss me."