part 21 <3

I looked up at him in utter disbelief. But something was up with Cedric and I was not going to put up with it.

"What the hell," I said with a sigh giving up any resistance to his affection. "lets go Malfoy."

I took his hand and he led me to the dance floor. He turned to face me and placed his hand on my waist. Shock was sent up and down my spine which straightened my posture. We led the dance with smooth movements of his feet. But he kept his eyes on mine. I did my best not to hold eye contact with him, with the fear that I would be drawn in. There was a comfortable air between the two of us. It felt right to be in his arms. We danced for no more than 1 minute before one of us finally said something.

"Y/n," Draco whispered in my ear, "I have to tell you something."

I looked at him and pouted. "Can you just tell me later? I want to enjoy this dance."

"Oh so you're enjoying dancing with me?" He shot back teasingly.

I playfully rolled my eyes and responded, "Of course not."

I did my best to restrain myself from showing emotion but that failed. I couldn't stop a smile from creeping onto my lips.

"Your lying." He said as his lips brushed my ear, making every hair on my body stand up.

"Am not!" I responded without looking him in the eye.

"Mhmm. Whatever you say." He spoke through his grin.

I glanced around the room and found Cedric staring at my from the doorway and my smile instantly faded. I stepped away from Draco and signaled that Cedric was looking. Cedric was fuming with rage. He started to march towards us and Draco's instinct was to step in front of me.

"Y/n, may I have word." Cedric growled through his gritted teeth.

Draco spoke before I could. "She doesn't want to talk to you right now."

"Draco," I nudged him aside. "It's fine."

I followed Cedric outside reluctantly, scared of what was to come.

"What do you think you're doing dancing with Draco fucking Malfoy." He said in a deep growl.

I held my ground and responded, "Last time I checked, you're not my babysitter. And It's just a dance. Stop reading into it"

"I thought I made it clear," He huffed his chest and crossed his arms. "I don't want you hanging around Malfoy."

Cedric was acting like a fool. And the more he tried to control me, the more I wanted to break free.

"Look," I stated. "When you asked me to be your girlfriend, I wasn't signing up to be your dog on a leash. I don't follow bloody commands. When you're ready to have a conversation, come find me.

I was proud of myself for standing up to Cedric like that. I turned around and started to strut away when he pulled me by my arm to face him again.

"Ow, Cedric!" I exclaimed. I looked up at him expecting to let go, but his grip tightened.

"Cedric let go of me." I demanded. I tried to wiggle my arm out but his grip was too tight on my arm.

"You can't just walk away from me like that Y/n. We're not finished talking."

"Cedric," I cried out. "You're scaring me! Please let me go." At this point tears were swelling in my eyes and I felt helpless.

"Hey," I heard Draco exclaim from behind me. "Get your hands off her!"