part 19 <3

The first comers were the young ones who like to make it a point to be punctual. The older crowd on the other hand likes to be "fashionably late". I stood by the door and welcomed them in. I shook hands, exchanged eager smiles, and welcomed people into my home. After standing for 30 minutes and faking a smile, I left my post to get a glass of water. When I returned the Malfoy family was standing on the porch of my house.

"Oh, Narcissa! How good it is to see you!" I exclaimed as I embraced her in my warmest tone. I turned to her husband who towered over me like a giant. I extended my arm to him and said, "Nice to meet you Mr.Malfoy! It's an honor to have you as our guest."

He replied monotonously, "Thank you for having us, dear." He whipped his cloak around and admired my house.

Narcissa then turned to me and said, "It's a shame you're not wearing the silver dress. I thought I told Draco to gift to you." She nudged Draco who stood tall beside her.

"Oh he did give me the gift and I was most thankful for it," I spoke apologetically to Narcissa but I glared at Draco. "There were some complications though. I'll be sure to wear it for another event."

Narcissa gave me a nod of approval, took her husband's arm, and walked inside the main room like royalty, leaving Draco standing in front of me. He was wearing a dark black suit with a green tie. His face looked alive and somewhat happy. He looked quite handsome but I kept that to myself.

"It is a shame you're not wearing the dress. You looked quite ravishing in it." He spoke in a daringly flirtatious tone.

"Oh shove of Malfoy," I dismissed as he pushed him into the hallway.

I was trying to stay angry at him but I couldnt stop a smile creeping onto my face as I watched him enter the main room. When I turned around, Cedric and his family stood there.

I first turned my attention to his parents and spoke with happiness resonating in my voice, "Mrs. and Mr. Diggory, it is so nice to finally meet you! I have heard great things about you."

"Oh dear you are too kind," Mr.Diggory exclaimed as he reached out to shake my hand. "And please, call me Amos."

"Very well Amos!" I replied as I turned to speak to Cedric's mom but she had already taken her husband's arm and they were on their way.

Maybe she didn't like me, or maybe she wasn't very social. Whatever it was, her behavior threw me off. Last but not least, I turned to Cedric. He lifted his head to meet my eyes. I could tell that he felt guilty for our fight. He had puppy dog eyes and looked ashamed. He was wearing a black robe on top of his white button-up shirt and silky vest. He topped it off with a bowtie around his neck. He took my hands into his and gently whispered, "We need to talk."