☁Chapter Six☁

⚠TW: ACTIONS OF ABUSE AND BULLYING!!⚠

Killua's POV

---

It's been a couple of months since the rumors had risen. It had mostly dissipated, though there were moments where someone would mention it again. Gon and I were getting along more and gotten a whole lot closer. We started making videos together more often, but something seemed off with Gon. I couldn't stop worrying about it but my mind assured me it was nothing. I was also getting more and more flustered around Gon, so I made the conclusion that I liked him, not platonically, but romantically. I was gay. I kept it to myself though, since I was convinced he was straight as an arrow and would be disgusted with me even though it hurt me to keep something away from my best friend.

We had also made a couple of new friends with the upperclassmen. Their names were Kurapika and Leorio. Kurapika had shoulder length blonde hair and looked very feminine while Leorio looked like an old hag. We would always tease him and officially gave him the nicknames 'Oreo' and 'Old man'. He didn't like it but that made it even funnier. He eventually warmed up to the nicknames though.

I once again was caught staring at Gon, who sat right next to me.

"Um, Killua? Is there something on my face? You keep on staring at me." he whispered.

"I-um- there's nothing on your face! It's just uh-"

"Killua! Gon! Would you mind being quiet while I teach for the rest of the class?!" Miss Palm yelled. Gon and I blushed in embarrassment as the class giggled. Miss Palm continued her lesson until the bell rang for the end of the school day. Everyone started packing up and leaving.

"Hey, Killua!" Miss Palm called. "Would you mind running an errand for me?"

I nodded.

"I still need to grade these papers so can you go to the office and grab a stack of those career forms?"

"Sure." I turned to Gon, who was still packing his belongings. "Yo, Gon! I need to run an errand for the teacher, so wait for me here!" Gon gave me a small smile.

"Sure, Killua! I'll wait for you here!" Gon answered. I skipped out of the classroom and went down the hallways. As I was halfway there, I had a really bad feeling. My gut was telling me that something was wrong and Gon needed help. I ignored it, thinking it was nothing and went on my way.

Gon's POV

---

Killua just left to run an errand, so I had to wait for him. I was busy reading, when I felt a hand on my shoulder. I looked up and it wasn't Killua. It was Zach. I looked behind him and there were a couple of boys here from the time I was harassed a couple of months ago. I started trembling, knowing what was gonna happen next. Ever since Killua came here, I was never beaten up again until now.

"Hey there, Gon. I wonder where Killua is? Oh, lemme guess, he left you? I wouldn't be surprised if he did." Zach taunted. The other boys laughed. "Since he isn't here to protect you, why don't we have some fun?" His grip on my shoulders tightened and pushed me onto the ground. I groaned in pain, but Zack wasn't done yet. He pinned me down as the others watched, laughing. He started punching me everywhere, leaving bruises. The others kicked me. On my chest. Hard. I whimpered in pain, clearly struggling to get out of the situation, but they were too strong for me. But then I saw an opening. I kicked Zack in the balls as hard as I could and tried getting up. Thankfully, he took long enough for me to rush out of the room. I left with bruises and scratches all over my body. I grimaced in pain as I tried to run through the hallways.

My head was down, trying not to tear up, but then I felt someone grab my wrist. I jerked my head to see who it was and it was Killua, with a concerned look plastered on his face. I struggled to get away but once again winced in pain. I gave up. I broke down sobbing in Killua's arms. He hugged me tightly, rubbing my back, trying to calm me down.

Killua's POV

---

I was angry at myself for not following my guts. I knew something was wrong, but I still ignored it. And now, Gon is hurt. My one and only special person is injured all over. I let go of Gon and guided him to the nurses office, making sure I was careful and not hurting him.

As we entered the nurses office, Gon was quietly shedding tears as I went to grab the first aid kit. I also grabbed the rubbing alcohol, some tweezers, and cotton balls. I went to where Gon was sitting and started disinfecting the scratches on his face. As soon as the infused cotton ball touched his face, he hissed in pain.

"What happened? When did this start?" I asked cautiously, trying to sound as soft and calm as possible.

"I-it started w-when-" he started, but broke down again. I wait for him to calm down again, while holding his hands tightly. "It s-started w-when I got into this h-highschool. I-I was b-bullied for being the s-stupid and p-poor kid, and g-gotten beat up p-pretty o-often. B-but then you came a-and it s-stopped. U-until t-today." he hiccupped.

My eyes were wide. 'How come I didn't know before?!' Then I finally asked the question that I was dreading to ask.

"Who did it?"

"I-I c-can't tell you o-or you'll get h-hurt-"

"Gon." he freezes. "Please tell me, I want to help.'" I pleaded. "I want to protect you." Gon looked away, ashamed at himself.

"I-it was Z-zach and a couple of o-others..." he answered.

"I KNEW IT. I should've done something back then!" I bursted in anger, making Gon flinch and whimper in the sudden outburst. I calmed down and apologized, squeezing his hands a bit tighter. 'I have to do something.' I thought.

I finished patching up the scratches on his face. I grabbed a bag of ice and set it on his legs where there were multiple bruises and scratches that I still need to help heal.

I finished patching up his legs and said something that startled Gon.

"Take off your shirt."

"W-WHAT- W-WHY?!" he blushed.

"To see if you have scratches and disinfect it, idiot."

"U-UH YOU DON'T HAVE TO DO THAT I'M GOOD-"

"BAKA! You can't go home with injuries still out in the open!" I argued.

We bickered for a little bit until Gon gave up. He heard him sigh and he took off his shirt. My face was burning a bit, at the sight of his bare chest showing. But then something caught my eyes.

Bandages. From his wrist to his elbows.

A/N: Hey guys! Hope you kinda enjoyed this chapter even though it was a bit, um, sad. Yeah... but the next chapter I'm uploading in a few minutes is gonna have a bit a fluff, but still a bit emotional. Hopefully you guys hang in there! Electricgay, out and onto the next chapter! :))) <3