16- Home Sweet Home

You've been back home for a few days and you can't seem to find the willpower to get out of bed except to shower and climb back in. Your mom has tried to talk to you about the trip but you've been so shut off and you can tell it's hurting her feelings. You're just too sad to care. She is now in your room pushing you to get ready for a family dinner out.

Mom: *sitting at the edge of your bed*
"Look I don't know what happened in California. Your sister won't really talk to me about it if you're worried about that. I'm still asking you though."

You: "It's not a big deal mom. I had a lot of fun with Addison. I was actually thinking I'd go back again in a few weeks to visit."

Mom: "Does this have anything to do with the mystery boy you disappeared with at one point?"

You: "No. He was just a boy. We just hung out no big deal. I want to go back to visit my sister."

Mom: "I'm glad you had fun with her but you can't hide in California forever. You need to decide what school you're going to attend in the fall because we were serious about taking your future more seriously."

Before you can get into another argument with your mom, your phone rings and rescues you. She reminds you to change for dinner then leaves your room. The call is from your best friend. You hadn't talked to her since your first night in California and so much had happened. You weren't even sure there was a point in mentioning Blake to her because he hadn't even called in the 4 days you'd been home.

Avani: "Hey boo

Avani: "Hey boo. My mom had a great idea and I wanted to see if you were up for it. They are driving me all the way to school so I can have my car here then they are just flying home. I thought maybe you could ride with us so we can spend a few hours together and then you can fly home with them."

You get so excited. You missed her so much the last week. She had finally accepted you didn't want to go to the same college as her and now it was starting to hit that in a week you wouldn't be seeing her for months.

Avani: "I didn't even get a chance to mention the new look. Girl you look hot. 4 days in California and you're a whole-ass baaaaad biiiiitch now!"

She brings up the boy in your tagged photos and you quickly make an excuse to get off the phone. You agree to go with her family to drop her off and hang up. You finish getting dressed in comfy clothes because you don't care about impressing your parents. You lay back in bed to wait for your mom to come get you.

You are looking at the photo of you and Blake from the beach and wonder what he's doing. You haven't heard from him, but after how much you'd pushed him away it's no wonder. You do the typical girl thing and go to his profile to find that the photo of you is still his most recent. You follow his roommates' profiles and see there is a big party there tonight. That explains why he isn't worried about you. It looks like a huge rager they are throwing. You imagine him all over another girl, completely forgetting everything he'd said to you and get so frustrated you throw your phone across the room.

 You imagine him all over another girl, completely forgetting everything he'd said to you and get so frustrated you throw your phone across the room

Mom: *ducking the phone*
"Sweetheart..."

You: "I know. I know. Dinnertime."

Mom: "Actually there is someone at the door for you."

You head downstairs expecting it to be Avani. She just showed up without calling all the time, though it was weird that she wouldn't mention it when you'd just talked to her 15 mins before. You get to the bottom of the stairs and see Blake standing in your entryway. You fly the last few feet and throw yourself in his arms.

 You fly the last few feet and throw yourself in his arms