47- Recovery

Noah pulled into the driveway to pick you up for the hospital, he texted to let you know he was there.

Noah: "Sorry for the whole not knocking, but are you ready to go see Blake?"

Nothing much had changed in the week he was gone home, and Blake still wasn't awake

Nothing much had changed in the week he was gone home, and Blake still wasn't awake. His condition had stabilized, but the doctor just reminded you all that his brain needed a little time to catch up. Noah and Blake were definitely the closest out of anyone in the house and you felt bad that he didn't have his best friend to help him through this breakup, so you'd been trying to fill in.

You: "I understand why you don't want to risk running into Dixie yet but eventually it's going to happen. Do you think you'll ever be okay with her and Addison?"

Noah: "I just want her to be happy. If it's with me, Addison, or someone else... I will find a way to be happy for her if she's happy."

Your conversation is cut off when you walk down the hallway towards Blake's room and see his mom in the hall crying. You leave Noah behind to run towards her in a panic.

Noah: *rushing to catch up*
"Did something happen?"

Mrs. Gray: "No, no. Nothing new, it's just really overwhelming seeing him like that. I just want my sweet boy back."

You: *hugging her tight*
"That's all I want too."

Mrs. Gray: *wiping your tears*
"I know you do sweetheart."

She wipes her own face and then guides you and Noah into the room where Mr. Gray is already sitting. He gets up and hugs you then let's you sit in the chair next to Blake's bedside. Noah is sitting in a chair in the corner of the room, playing silently on his phone to pass the time. Mr. Gray is catching up on some work on his laptop. They had flown in from Texas within an hour of the shooting and neither of his parents had left his side since. His mom was sitting in a chair on the other side of Blake's bed with her head down resting against his bedrail. She whispered silent prayers as a way to calm herself down.

It's really hard to see Blake hooked up to so many machines

It's really hard to see Blake hooked up to so many machines. He was now breathing on his own, but still needed oxygen tubes and hundreds of wires monitoring him. You are so overwhelmed by how lifeless he looks, that you lower your head against his head and start to choke out a prayer yourself. It sounds a lot more like begging as tears keep pouring. You feel a hand reach over and wipe your tear and jump up as Blake chokes out your name.

Your head jerks up as Blake starts to pull at the wires in his arm. Tears still stream down your face as you grab his hands away. His mom starts to cry as Noah rushes for the doctor. Blake continued to panic completely unaware of what happened over the last few weeks. Last thing he remembered was yelling at Noah to pull you from the room as he was held at gunpoint. Blake's dad grabbed a hold of his arms and reassured him:
"Son, it's okay. There was a shooting and you were injured. You're in the hospital, but you're okay. I'm here, your mom is right here..."

You: "Oh my God, baby... I'm right here too."

Everything happened after so fast. The doctor told you they would keep him for observation but now that he's awake, moving him home should be possible within a few days. You crawled in the hospital bed next to him and wrapped your arms around him so relieved that he was finally awake. You told Blake how much you'd missed him and answered his questions. His parents were in the corner of the room discussing details of getting him released soon and looked on happy for the life he'd found with you.