46- Aftermath

*AVANI'S POV*

It's been two weeks since the shooting and Anthony had driven her to campus to pick up the last of her things

It's been two weeks since the shooting and Anthony had driven her to campus to pick up the last of her things. It felt like a lifetime since she came to visit in the middle of the night mid-breakdown. The reasons for moving had lessened over time but were only replaced with new reasons she didn't want to go back.

Anthony was driving her car but still had his hand stretched across and wrapped around hers. She brought his hand to her cheek and brushed it gently against her skin before placing a soft kiss on his knuckles. She knew it was too soon to be falling in love with him, but from the moment they laid eyes on each other at that party, they hadn't spent a moment apart. She missed her best friend, and was excited to become the 4th roommate, but she would be lying if she didn't admit she was moving for Anthony.

*NESSA'S POV*

She and Josh are hanging out in her room all afternoon

She and Josh are hanging out in her room all afternoon. The house was quiet, but Addison was due home any minute and they didn't want to share their attention. The other two roommates hadn't been home in a few days but they kept themselves locked in her room regardless. Josh laid on his back across her bed wrapped up in his hoodie and his girl just enjoying what they had become.

She leaned her tiny body across him and buried her face into his neck. She kissed him there softly as he held her tighter. Any fear and distance she'd held onto was long gone and she was enjoying every moment of falling in love with him. He put his hand under her chin and lifted her head so he could kiss her. Before the kiss grew more intense, Josh pulled back and she tilted her head in confusion.

Josh: "I love you. I don't know where you are with taking things slow and trusting me, but I didn't want to hold that inside anymore."

Nessa: "I love you so too. I know what I want and it's you so if you break my heart then I guess you break. It's yours."

*ADDISON'S POV*

She and Dixie are in the spare room getting it ready for Avani who should be home later that day with all her stuff

She and Dixie are in the spare room getting it ready for Avani who should be home later that day with all her stuff. They had spent hours a day together everyday the last few weeks and she hadn't the nerve yet to bring up the dreaded subject...

Noah.

Deciding to just pull the band-aid off she led with:

"Bryce said Noah came home today... have you talked to him yet?"

Dixie: "Yeah, he went home to visit his family for a week. His mom was very stressed after the shooting."

Addison: "Is he okay with everything? Like with us? I mean, sorry. I don't even know that there is an us. That was pushy. I'm sorry."

Dixie: *wrapping her arms around Addison's waist*
"Hey, of course there is. I know I was scared of what everyone would say, but I want this as much as you do."

Addison: "How is Noah taking it?"

Dixie: *placing several soft kisses on her lips*
"It's going to take some time, he isn't nearly as accepting of it as Bryce has been. I can't believe you two managed to stay best friends through everything, but Noah will come around. He called to check on me afterall, even if that was mostly because his mom wanted to know."

Addison: "How is your shoulder feeling today, speaking of which?"

Dixie pulled Addison tight against her body with her injured arm before asserting:
"Almost good as new."

Addison giggled and the girls kissed backing up until they fell onto the bed. They hadn't done anything beyond kissing as this was both of their first real relationships with another girl, but that didn't stop them from wanting more. Dixie's lips were so soft and moved so much more gently against hers. Gentle didn't take away from the fire that built inside of her every time she felt her tongue press against hers as her hand ran along her neck and across her collarbone.

Today was different, when Dixie's hand moved across her shoulder, she didn't stop like before. She let it glide down her spaghetti straps, down her side and across her belly. They moved up under her shirt until Addison pulled the shirt over her head. Dixie's lips moved down her neck in slow soft bursts of plump lips against burning hot flesh. As Dixie's lips moved lower following the line her fingertips had just taken, she paused just above Addison's bra. She looked up through her eyelashes as if to silently ask permission to push past any unspoken boundary they'd been bound to in the past.

Addison bit her lip and nodded yes as Dixie pulled the cup down revealing her softest skin swollen in anticipation. Her tongue moved against her skin as Addison buried her head against her pillow. Dixie reached up and forced her to face her while she teased her, her hand continuing it's journey lower. Addison didn't want to break the stare so she reached up and grabbed the headboard while Dixie's hand moved inside her waistband. She moved her mouth and palm simultaneously keeping a steady pace and pressure until she felt her back arch causing her to push back against Dixie's hand as she finally shut her eyes tight and came undone.