[29] Another Pair Of Lips

Kiara's POV:

"Welcome all..." my father greeted his family. I was still in my room but the voices reached here. I was nervous and anxious, how am I gonna start my life with a complete stranger. I mean I have read books of rich families tying there kids into marriage for benefit.

But my life wasn't a book. It's not a fairytale....

The last time Elijah and I had kissed, he left the gym without saying a word to me. It was so awkward for me to walk back home all alone while thinking what I did wrong. How can he act so arrogant after I had kissed him. Idiot

And still he doesn't want me to marry Lukas. He is so freaking confusing. But now I have to face him, it'll be so awkward. He is getting on my nerves.

"Kiara let's go, they are asking for you" Bri and Clara came up to pick me. As we were going down Bri stopped me and said "Kiara, Lukas and his mother are also expecting you downstairs. His mother will do anything in her power to make you believe that Lukas is the better option to go with....don't listen to her okay? She is quite manipulative and she might make you hate Elijah."

I nodded and started walking downstairs, as soon as I took my last step down all eyes were on me. Except one...... Elijah's. His eyes were stuck on his phone. Asshole.

However Lukas was giving me full attention. He got up and was taking steps towards me... as soon as he got up, Elijah's eyes trailed his every move. Elijah stood up and walked closer to me in a faster pace, well his legs were way longer than Lukas's so maybe it was his normal pace.

His eyes met Mine when he overtook Lukas. He reached me and offered me his hand. Lukas had stopped in his trails as soon as he saw Elijah overtaking him. Lukas rolled his eyes and turned around.

Fuck I felt so bad for him. I had already left him at a restaurant that was so hard to book for him that he had to ask Elijah for help and now I'm choosing Elijah over him again. Kill me

I didn't want to embarrass Elijah so I took his hand while he guided me to our living area. There were 2 spaces free for me to sit... one with Elijah and one with Lukas. I sat next to Lukas. Elijah glared back and forth from me and Lukas but eventually gave up when his father told him to sit down.

I sat with Lukas because I had to talk to him, apologize to him about my idiotic behavior and plus it would have been awkward if I sat with Elijah due to our previous moments. Like C'mon I left a guy in a restaurant for him and all he did was leave.

"So Kiara, I have heard a lot about you. When I talk to Lukas all he talks about is Kiara Kiara Kiara" Natalia said. Damn is she really that desperate for him to get the company under his name. So this is what Bri was talking about....

"Oh that's sweet" I said returning the smirk she was giving me. "Hello sweetheart... I'm Cain. Elijah and Lukas's father-" Cain was interrupted by Natalia "You can call him Cain." "Nice to meet you Cain"

"Likewise, I know that arrange marriages are not looked fondly upon by youngsters. That is why I wanted to propose another deal."
Wow this was new.

Everyone in the room snapped their heads at Cain. My father added "I talked to Cain about Nick's discomfort. So we decided to propose a favorable deal"

"Why don't I know about this?" Elijah blurted out "because I didn't tell you..." Cain responded, they shared some death stares. There was a lot of tension in the air so to relax it I asked "what is it about?"

"The marriage will still take place but now you'll get 2 months. Two months from now is Elijah's graduation, till then you can take your time to decide and get to know these two. At the end you can choose whom you want to marry."