Two

Year 1

The Philosophers Stone

The day was going by as usual. Get dressed, eat, and go to class. It was a new schedule which I had to get used to but I didn't mind it at all. Right now Hermione and I are in Professor McGonagall's class taking notes, when Harry and Ron ran through the huge doors. Late. Hermione and I shared an annoyed look and we both shook our heads and buried our faces back into the books. We're now in Potions which is taught by Professor Snape. I'd walked in just barely in time but the only seat left was next to Draco in the front. Are you kidding me? Draco? I looked over at Hermione who had a face full of sympathy. I straightened my posture and sat down next to him, feeling him staring at me. The doors to the class blew open and in walked an emotionless looking Snape.

"There will be no foolish wand waving or silly incantations in this class." he said with a chilling tone. "As such, I don't expect many of you to appreciate the subtle science and exact art that is potion-making. However those select few, who posses the predisposition, I can teach you how to bewitch the mind and ensnare the senses. I can tell you how to bottle fame, brew glory and even put a stopper in death." he went on to speak but Harry wasn't paying attention, instead writing down something on a piece of paper. I buried my face in my hands knowing this wasn't going to end well for him.

"Then again, maybe some of you have come to Hogwarts with abilities so formidable that you feel confident enough to not pay attention." he snapped a little and Hermione had to nudge him to stop writing. "Mr. Potter. Our new celebrity. Tell me, what would I get if I added powdered root of asphodel to an infusion of wormwood?" he asked and Hermione was quick to shoot her hand in the air.

"A sleeping potion." I mumbled more to myself than anyone but Draco was quick to shoot me an impressed look.

Harry shook his head. "You don't know? Let's try again. Where would you look if I asked you to find bezoar?"

"I don't know, Sir." Harry said quietly but keeping eye contact with Professor Snape.

"What is the difference between monkshood and wolfsbane?" he asked, and again, Hermione's hand was in the air.

"I don't know, Sir."

"Pity." he bluntly said to Harry who looked a bit embarrassed. "Clearly, fame isn't everything. Is it Mr. Potter?" Harry was getting worked up at this point, and to be honest, so was I.

"Clearly, Hermione knows. Seems a pity not to ask her." Harry spat at Snape, anger growing in his voice. The class giggled and whispered but was silenced by Snape once more. He strode over to Harry's desk, pulling a chair and sitting in front.

"Put your hand down you silly girl. For your information Potter, asphodel and wormwood makes a sleeping potion so powerful, it is known as the Draught of the Living Dead. A bezoar is a stone taken from the stomach of a goat and it will save you from most poisons. As for monkshood and wolfsbane they are the same plant which also goes by the name of aconite." he said with an annoyed look on his face. He turned to the class with the same look on his face. "Well, why aren't you all copying this down?" he said and got up from the chair and walked back to the front of the classroom.

Anger was starting to boil inside me after Snape just did that to Harry. I didn't know what I was doing at that exact moment moment in time, but I got out of my seat and walked to the front of the class, following him. Snape turned around and looked at me along with others. Everyone looked confused but my hair started to blow behind me along with my Hogwarts robe.

I could feel my magic starting to surface and so when I focused my eyes on Snape and clenched my jaw, all the windows started to shatter one by one and glass was flying at everyone but me. Then the books started to fly off the shelves and the lights in the room started to flicker, then in a few seconds, they shatter, sending sparks in every direction. The flames on the candles in the room grew at least a few more inches. When everything stopped, my eyes weren't focused on Snape anymore. My eyes began to tear up as I looked around at everything I'd done. My breathing was uneven and heavy and my hands began to shake.

I've gotten angry and upset before, but I had never done this. I didn't even know I could do this. I looked at all of the my classmates who were frightened out of their minds, including Harry and Ron, who were hiding under the desks. Some even whispered to each other about what I had just done. But Hermione was the only calm one. Snape was quick to dismiss the class. I looked at him and the tears started flowing like a tsunami just hit. I walked around but I started to feel light headed and the feeling in my legs were gone. The last thing I saw was a worried Hermione, Harry, and Ron. I then fell to the floor on my side.

Then, it was black.