Thirty Three

Year 3

Prisoner of Azkaban

"Broaden your minds. You must look beyond." Professor Trelawney spoke. I'm patrolling Divination and it's very boring. Ron was asleep and snoring and Harry was staring into nothingness and Hermione was just. Well, she was just there. I had several boys just staring straight at me and it was quite uncomfortable. Trelawney walks over to the trio's table and Harry jerked up and Ron suddenly woke up.

"Now, what do we have here?" Trelawney spoke.

"Do you mind me trying?" Hermione asked. They were doing something with weird balls on the tables but I paid no attention. "The Grim, possibly." I now jerk up and look at her.

"My dear, from the moment you stepped foot in my class, I sensed you did not possess the proper spirit for the noble art of Divination." Trelawney says. "No, you see, there. You may be young in years, but your heart is as shriveled as an old maid's, your soul as dry as the pages of the books to which you so desperately cleave." Hermione pulled her hand out of Trelawney's and she stood up, grabbed her bag, and pushed the ball off the stand and it went rolling. Hermione stormed out of the class and Harry and Ron were a bit taken back. "Have I said something?"

Class ended and Harry, Ron and I all walked out. I was ignoring Draco and he seemed to do the same. Pansy was all over him and every time she tried something, he'd push her away. It was quite amusing. The three of us descended down the large spiral stairs to the first floor but Harry found the ball Hermione threw and returned it to the class. Ron and I talked about Hermione and he thought she was going mad. I finished my patrolling and all the Adequate Aurors gathered for a meeting.

We all sat around a circular table and waited for Scrimgeour to come in, and when he finally does, he looks serious.

"Glad you all could join. Today, we sent some Aurors to check out the tree Leia and Y/N said Black was hiding in. They found nothing. More importantly, Y/N." Scrimgeour says with a serious tone. "Y/N, you tamed two of the worlds dangerous dragons without a scratch. That was highly risky. I ask you one thing. I need you to train the squad. Some of you are forgetting that this is a mission and that's why we're at the school. You are dismissed." We all got up and headed to the Quidditch pitch.

"If Scrimgeour wants me to train you all, I'll train you." I say. "50 laps around the pitch! You may get water between but try and run it all. Go!" They all begin to run and I get a bit bored so I run with them. Once the laps are finished, we do our usual workout routine and get on with our day. I walk the halls for patrolling but my mouth gets covered by a hand and someone grabs my waist, pulling me into a small corner. I look at the person in front of me and my eyes meet the stormy grey ones. Draco Malfoy.

"Hey." he whispers.

"I have to patrol." I spat. I went to leave but he grabbed my forearm.

"Why are you mad at me?" He asks.

"Oh, I don't know. Maybe because you called my best friend a mudblood and bullied Ron right in front of me!" I snap. "This thing between us is better off as nothing."

"What makes you think it was anything to begin with?" He retorts. I scoff and roll my eyes.

"I can't believe you. You can let Pansy kiss up on you now because I won't be there. We're leaving this week so congratulations, you just lost your best friend." I spat. I pulled my arm out of his grasp and I turned and walked off.

The Next Day

It was the weekend and the day of Buckbeak's execution. The four of us walked in the courtyard and watched the executioner lazily sharpen his ginormous axe. Hermione and I cross our arms and glare daggers at him. I feel my body tense up at just thinking Draco is the cause of Buckbeak's death. Harry notices and pulls me away and we all decide to go to Hagrid's hut.