Thirty

Year 3

Prisoner of Azkaban

"Hey Axel, can you fix the grass? It keeps popping upwards." Leia says. Axel nods and jogs to our side of the Quidditch pitch.

"The seating stands are done where do we patrol?" I ask.

"I don't know. Probably in the air to get a better view of the grounds." Leia added. I nod and I quickly walk back to certain seating areas to make sure we can hover above without drawing attention.

"Let's go back inside. It's starting to drizzle!" Leia shouts from where Axel and her are. We all run inside and as usual, people stare.

"The game is going to start soon. Let's get changed into our coats and get into position." I order and we all split off. I'm walking to the staircases when someone covers my mouth with their hand and grab me, pulling me into a broom closet. I look at the platinum blonde in front of me as he removes his hand. "You could've just asked me to meet you here instead of sneaking up on me!" I playfully shove his chest.

"Shh! I know but I keep seeing you in this outfit and it drives me crazy." He whispers and he leans in.

"What is this thing between us?" I whisper, looking him in the eyes.

"Whatever you want it to be." His voice is low and deep.

"I'm supposed to be protecting the students here. Not making out with my once best friend." I sigh.

"Do you want this?" He asks as he cups my cheek. My breath hitches in my throat and I stare into his stormy eyes.

"Yes." I choke out. He quickly pecks my lips and I let out a frustrated groan. "Such a tease."

"You should go before your friends come looking for you." He says. I turn around and walk out of the broom closet with a huge smile. Nobody was in the hall so I quickly walked to the stairs and got changed for Quidditch.

30 Minutes Later

I cover myself with the black leather trench coat as I quickly walk in the pouring rain into the pitch.

"If anything goes wrong, I want Carson and Jack standing by." I sternly order.

"They said they'll be here." Axel shrugs.

"What did we miss?" I hear Carson shout from behind me.

"You two will be standing by if anything happens alright?" I say and they both nod. I look over Jack's shoulder and see people begin to fill the seating. "I'm going to go sit in the teachers seating for the view. I extended it for that reason." They all nod and I quickly levitate myself and I walk in the air to the teachers seating. They all greet me except for Snape, and I stand in the corner as I watch people pile in with raincoats and jackets that fit their team color. I motion to Axel and Leia to stand in their positions and the game starts. Thunder begins to appear and I get an uneasy feeling. Lighting strikes one of Gryffindor Chasers broom and she flies to the floor.

I frown as I watch Harry searching for the Snitch. I look at the others and see them with worried looks and I slowly pace. I watch Harry and the Hufflepuff Seeker fly straight by us and into the clouds to catch the Snitch, only the Hufflepuff seeker gets struck by lightning and falls to the floor with his broom. I motion for Carson to take him to the hospital wing and he quickly does.

I looked up to where Harry went and I felt the darkness. Dementors. After working at Azkaban for months, I knew when they were near.

"Y/N, is something wrong?" Dumbledore asks.