Thirty Five

Year 3

Prisoner of Azkaban

1st Person POV

I abruptly sat up and gasped for air. My lungs felt like they were on fire. I finally control my breathing and look at Harry, Hermione, and Ron who looked relieved.

"You're awake." Harry spoke.

"Well that one hurt like a bitch." I groan as I grab my stomach.

"Yup. That's Y/N." Hermione jokes and we all laugh. Once we all compose ourselves, I swing my legs over the bed and stand up.

"Is Sirius alright?" I quickly ask.

"Buckbeak took him away. He's safe." Harry assures and I give a soft smile.

"You guys saved Buckbeak?" I squeal.

"Yeah." Ron nodded. "Hermione and I are going back to the common room." I nod and they leave. I look at Harry and see all the blood and dirt on him.

"Sit." I demand and he looks confused but he does so anyway. I grab a cloth and carefully wipe the blood and dirt off of his face.

"What's it like?" Harry asks out of nowhere.

"What's what like?" I cock an eyebrow and look into his blue eyes.

"Dying." He answers.

"For me, it hurts like hell." I laugh and clean some more blood off of his nose. "But when I actually die, I don't feel a thing." He nods and I place the damp cloth next to him on the bed. "You should rest. It's been a long day."

"You need to rest also, Y/N." Harry says. I help him off the bed and we make our way out of the hospital wing.

"I'm going to take a walk outside." I tell him. He nods and walks off. I head to the courtyard I saw the executioner in only a little while ago and walk around.

"Y/N?" I hear someone ask from behind me. I knew that voice anywhere. I turn around and look at Draco whose eyes are red and puffy.

"Yes?" I ask.

"You--, you were dead." He looked at me in disbelief.

"Oh. Did you forget? I'm immortal." I reply with a smirk. He walked towards me and did the one thing I never expected. He firmly pressed his lips on mine. I was a little shocked so I didn't kiss him for a moment but I sank into him. I felt his shoulders relax when I kissed him back. I wrap my arms around his neck and his were already on my waist. I pull away after a few seconds and look at him. "This doesn't fix anything. You are still a jerk." 

"I know." he murmured. I walk past him to head back to the halls but I turn around and he's already looking at me.

"All of the Aurors are leaving tomorrow. We most likely won't be back anytime soon." I tell him. I turn back around before he can say anything and I head back to the Gryffindor common room.

The Next Day

Harry went to DADA class to visit Professor Lupin. I was stuck patrolling today since the others were packing. I decided it was no use since Sirius was the only reason for patrolling so I headed to the courtyard when I saw a group of people crowding. When I made my way over, I saw Harry fly off on a Firebolt broomstick. I laugh at the sight of him flying and screaming in joy. I spent the rest of the day hanging out with the trio and packing. It seemed like the day flew by when a house elf appeared in my room and took my luggage. I walked to the front of Hogwarts to meet Scrimgeour and the others and I took one last look before we all apparated to the HQ wall. I settled back inside and wrote to my mother and father.