Twenty Four

Year 3

Prisoner of Azkaban

Everyone was outside in the cold winds getting ready to go to Hogsmeade. Hermione, Ron, and I handed our permission slips to Filch and joined the rest of the crowd full of students. Harry ran up to Professor McGonagall to see if she could sign his permission slip but he was unfortunately left behind at Hogwarts. We all followed Filch and McGonagall out of Hogwarts. Hermione and Ron kept trying to make conversation but I have a feeling we're being watched. Everyone I knew was in front of me but I brushed it off.

We all make it to Hogsmeade in one piece, well, Neville almost got torn to shreds by a whomping willow, but besides that everyone got there safely. I roamed around the candy in Honeydukes but I felt that same sensation of being watched. I walked out of Honeydukes and snuck into a nearby forest. I wanted to catch who was following me. Suddenly, a twig broke and my head snapped behind me. Nobody was there. I turned my head back around and saw a guy dressed head to toe in black. He had a very round shape to him and I knew I wasn't about to let him run. I reached my hands towards him as he started running to me.

"Ad somnum! " I scream and he flies backwards and slams his back against a tree. A round of claps were heard but it wasn't a group of people. More like only two or three. I look in the direction of where they are coming from and see two shadows emerge from the forest. "Cornelius Fudge?" I confusingly say. Why would Fudge be here? More importantly, what is this?

"Miss Y/N Moonlight. I see you have proven not defenseless against the enemy. Your magic is extraordinary. Never seen anything like it. Dumbledore should not be keeping you hidden--" Fudge begins.

"Hidden? Dumbledore has helped me with my magic. Anyway, why were you testing me?" I blab.

"You see, we've been starting to recruit more Aurors. We want you apart of that, only you must be put in a special group." Fudge explains. An Auror? Seriously? I mean it sounds cool and all, but why a 13 year old?

"You didn't answer my question about Dumbledore." I sternly say.

"He's keeping you hidden because he doesn't want your magic to spread across the Daily Prophet. He wants you protected. We are offering this job as an Auror to you, but you must come to the Ministry of Magic and we'll discuss details. If you do not want to be apart of this, we understand." he says. The man next to him looks very familiar but I couldn't recognise him. "This is Rufus Scrimgeour, Head of Auror Office." he motions to his friend.

"I'm visiting Hogsmeade. I can't leave my friends, they'll get worried." I tell him.

"No worries. We will send an excused note to your school. If you want to know more, please follow us and we will apparate there." Rufus Scrimgeour speaks up. I nod and walk over to them, placing a hand on Fudge and we apparated to Ministry of Magic. We walk to Fudge's office and I sit down on the chair as I was told to.

"Now, these are some basic things for you. Number One: Your identity as an Auror will be hidden. Nobody but your family, will know about this. Number Two: You will not be facing dark wizards and witches with the other Aurors, instead you will be placed in a special group. And Number Three: You must always protect. Are you keeping up so far?" Fudge speaks.

"What do you mean a 'special group'?" I ask.

"You are not like other witches. You are very special and I know your powers are extraordinary. By being in this special group, you will be known as Adequate Auror Number One. You will be given details about things nobody has ever heard. You will carry a huge weight on your shoulders." Scrimgeour explains.

"Will you do it?" Fudge finally asks.

Should I do this?

My life could be on the line every day if I do this.

This is dangerous.

I'm only 13.

"Yes." I choke out. I see Fudge and Scrimgeour with the brightest smiles and I swear I could hear them screaming in their heads but they keep it professional.

"We will get the paperwork right away Adequate Auror Number One." Fudge says and he motions over to some assistant.

"So I can't tell a soul? What if people find out?" I worriedly ask.

"If anyone finds out, we wipe it from their minds. Only your other Adequate Aurors know." he says.

"Wait, there are others like me?" I say.

"Similar, but you are Number One for a reason. We've been saving it for someone like you. Someone powerful." Scrimgeour explains. I nod and the papers appear in front of me. "Look through these papers. Sign anywhere it tells you to, but read everything. It will only take about an hour."

I look at Fudge and nod, smiling.

I'm going to become an Auror.

I can't tell my friends.

Am I even ready?

Thoughts kept rushing in my mind as I read everything and sign the papers. An hour and a half flies by and I'm finally done.

"Alright Miss Y/N. Scrimgeour will aparate you to the Adequate Auror HQ. As you read, you now know everything is confidential. Everybody knows about the Adequate Aurors. Only nobody knows who they are. They may see like all they do is battle and do mission but I promise, everyone gets along." Fudge assures. I place a hand on Scrimgeour's arm and we apparate to Hogsmeade.

"Hogsmeade? Why are we here?" I ask.

"I can not say with people around. Let's go." He tells me. I turn around to make sure nobody is following and we walk off. "You're going to do well being one of the Aurors. I see you already have the instincts. Everyone is bouncing off their chairs waiting to meet you. Few of them are older than you and few are your age, but nobody there is anyone you know. If everything goes well, you may not be able to attend Hogwarts anymore." I knew that last sentence would come sooner or later so I just nod. He hands me a bag and I look inside seeing leather tops and bottoms. "Battle attire. It's better with those since they are spell-proof." I close the bag and we stop in front of a wall. It's an old rusty wall. He casts a Muffliato Charm and turns to me.

"Is this it?" I ask.

"This is a normal wall right? Wrong. Spells and Potions." he says. Once he says Spells and Potions, we walk through the wall and I follow him. We go through a several security measures until we reach grassy land with a huge mansion in front of us. "This, is your home away from home. Come on, everyone is dying to meet you."

We walk through the doors and I hear people running and faint squeals. I see 5 people now stand in front of me.

This is going to be a joyful ride.

A/N

Hi again! So I'm here to thank you guys once more for everything! Your comments really are the funniest thing ever and all the votes are amazing. By the way, we are going to take a time jump that won't and I repeat WON'T add up with the Harry Potter timeline. I love you all! <3