Sixteen

Year 2

The Chamber of Secrets

I wake up and see it's snowing outside. I immediately get out of bed. My mom and dad told me I was staying at Hogwarts for Christmas since they were out on work trips. Which, was probably a lie and they just wanted time alone. I didn't mind it though, since I got to spend the break with Draco. What am I even thinking? I head over to The Great Hall which has a new ceiling. It's the night sky with snow falling from it. I grab some breakfast with Hermione. I got some fruits and a cinnamon roll. We walk back to the table with our plates in hand. We sit down and I start eating since I was very hungry.

"Everything's set. We just need a bit of who you're changing into." Hermione says with her arms on the table. I eye them because I had no clue what they were talking about.

"Crabbe and Goyle." Harry says while turning around to the two boys who are stuffing their mouths with sweets.

"What are you guys talking about?" I ask.

"We're going to be changing into people from Slytherin house so we can see if Draco is the Heir of Slytherin." Hermione says. I almost choke on the fruit in mouth.

"It's not him, guys. He asked me yesterday if I thought it was him and I told him no. Then I felt that same pain again. The one I felt in Professor McGonagall's class. Draco was with me when Justin was Petrified." I tell them.

"Well, we need a confirmation. And what if he caused that pain?" Harry said. I sighed in defeat until an idea popped in my head.

"Then I'll go with you." I say, taking another bite of fruit.

"We only have enough Polyjuice Potion for us three." Hermione says.

"No, not turn into someone else. What if I hang out with Draco when you guys turn into Slytherins and question him? He's different around me. It'll work better." I say. They nod, realizing I'm the closest person to Draco.

"Well, you guys need to also make sure the real Crabbe and Goyle can't burst in on us while we're interrogating Malfoy." Hermione adds, going back to their original conversation.

"How?" Ron asks.

"I've got it all worked out." Hermione pulls out two cupcakes and holds them up. "I've filled these with a simple Sleeping Draught. Simple, but powerful. Now, once they're asleep, hide them in the broomstick cupboard and pull out a few of their hairs. And put on their uniforms." Ron looked like she had gone crazy.

"Who's hair are you ripping out then?" Ron says.

"I've already got mine." Hermione pulls out another small tube with hairs. "Millicent Bulstrode. Slytherin. I got this off her robes. I'm going to go check on the Polyjuice Potion. Make sure that Crabbe and Goyle find these. Both boys look at me and I'm eating my cinnamon roll. I look up and put it down.

"Uh, uh. Nope. I'm not going to be the person to get them these cupcakes. Don't think about it." I scold.

Here I am, hiding behind a statue with Harry and Ron, holding two cupcakes and about to flirt with two idiots to get them to eat these. We hear the door shut and they hide behind the statue while I floof up my hair and hold these two cupcakes. I see Crabbe and Goyle with their arms full of sweets. They see me and their eyes widen.

"Hello, boys. I heard you like sweets?" I say with a flirty voice and a sweet smile. They both frantically nod. "Good! I made these two for you both. Here, try them!" I hand them the cupcakes and they both take a huge bite. They were enjoying them until they both looked at each other, then me, with a weird look on their faces. "Good night." I mutter and the boys fall to the floor. Harry and Ron come out and take some of the hair from them. They start to walk away but I grab both of them by the collar of their robes and pull them back. "If this goes sour, you guys are dying this time. Not. Me." I peck them both on the cheek and walk in front of them as we head to the bathroom.

They give Hermione the hairs and she finishes the potion and pours it in cups for all three of them. They drink it and Hermione and Ron run to the toilets while Harry watches in the mirror as he turns into Goyle. Ron emerges from one of the cubicles as Crabbe but Hermione stays in hers and tell us to go without her. I walk out first so I can find Draco. I walk near the Slytherin common room and Harry and Ron come out of no where. I hide behind another stature as Harry and Ron get caught by the Gryffindor prefect. Draco comes from down the hall.

"Crabbe, Goyle, where have you been?" Draco asks as he walks towards them. "Pigging out in The Great Hall all this time?" He stands between them and I can feel how nervous they are. He looks to Goyle, well Harry, and stares at him funny. I walk out from the statue and walk over to the three. They all notice me as I stand next to Draco. "Why are you wearing glasses?" Draco asks Harry. Oh my god. He never took his glasses off!

"Reading." He quickly replies while taking them off.

"Reading? I didn't know you could read." Draco shrugs and looks back at the red haired guy in front of us. "And what are you doing down here, Weasley."

"Mind your attitude, Malfoy." he spat.

"Alright boys, let just go." I interject and pull Draco past him. As soon as he felt my touch, his tenseness went away. I glared at the two boys behind me and we walked to the Slytherin common room. Draco slumps down and I sit next to him and act as normal as possible.

"Well, sit down." Draco says as Harry and Ron stand in front of a black couch. They hesitantly sit and look around at their surroundings. "You'd never know the Weasleys were pure-bloods, the way they behave. They're an embarrassment to the wizarding world. All of them" I see Ron's fists clench and his face turn into a deep frown. "What's wrong with you, Crabbe?" Harry nudges him with his elbow and he cleared his throat.

"Stomachache." I look at Draco who seemed to believe it.

"Draco, maybe not so harsh. They are still my friends." I tell him. His face softens a bit and he turns to look back and Harry and Ron, who look surprised I could talk to Draco and have him calm within seconds.

"I'm surprised the Daily Prophet hasn't done a report on all these attacks. I suppose Dumbledore is trying to hush it all up." Draco changes the subject but now I see Harry getting tense. "Father always said Dumbledore was the worst thing that ever happened to this place."

"You're wrong!" Harry suddenly shouts. Draco frowns at him and swings his feet off the couch and gets up. He walks over to them and is now towering over them.

"What?" Draco spat. "You think there's someone here who's worse than Dumbledore?" he challenges. Ron frantically shakes his head as Harry looks down. "Well? Do you?" I swear Harry if you mess this up-

"Harry Potter?" He says and Draco looks a bit taken back from it. Hell, even I am. Draco lets out a breathy laugh through his nose and Harry gulps.

"Good one, Goyle. You're absolutely right." Draco says. "Saint Potter." he sneers. "And people actually think that he's the Heir of Slytherin?" I see them look at each other and Harry takes this opportunity to ask.

"But then you must have some idea who's behind it all." Harry says as calmly as possible. Draco walks over to some sort of table and picks up a green box.

"You know I don't, Goyle. I told you yesterday." he throws the green box to his other hand. "How many times do I have to tell you?" Draco shakes the box and holds it up to his ear. "Is this yours?" Harry shakes his head and Draco puts it in his pocket. "But my father did say this: It's been 50 years since the chamber was opened. He wouldn't tell me who opened it. Only that they were expelled. The last time the Chamber of Secrets was opened, a Mudblood died. So it's only a matter of time before one of them is killed this time. As for me, I hope it's Granger." As soon and I was about to get up and yell at him, Ron got up and so did Harry but it was only to hold Ron back from lunging at Draco. "What's the matter with you two? You're acting very odd."

"It's his stomachache." Harry quickly says. I walk over to Draco and see him opening the box.

"You know what you said about Hermione was cruel and nasty. She's my friend." I scold him. He looks up and Harry and Ron run out of the common rooms. The potion must be wearing off. Draco shouts after them but they keep running. He turns back to me and hops off the desk.

"I know, it keeps slipping out. I don't like her. I'm not going to lie about that. It's just I forget how much you care about her." he tells me. I can see he's not lying from his eyes.

"I should go check up on them all. I'll see you around." I give him a smile and turn around and walk out.