Twelve

Year 2

The Chamber of Secrets

Hermione and I have been owling all summer. I've sent a few to Harry and Ron but Harry never sent an owl back. I'm assuming it's because of his horrible aunt and uncle. Draco never sent an owl either. Hermione and I decided to go on a shopping spree together at Diagon Alley before everything sells out. I also have been practicing magic from the grimoire and it's been teaching me a lot. My magic still gets out of hand sometimes but I've learned to control it for the most part.

"So Y/N, has Harry owled you at all during summer?" Hermione asks as we were walking out of Florean Fortescue's Ice Cream Parlor. I shake my head and lick my ice cream.

"Hey, look!" I shout and I point to Harry, who has lost a lot of the baby fat on his face but he looks like he was just thrown down a chimney. We both run up to Harry.

"Harry. Hagrid." Hermione greets.

"It's so good to see you." I say.

"It's great to see you too." Harry replies.

"What did you do to your glasses?" Hermione asks. She takes out her wand but I quickly stop her.

"I got this one. I've been practicing magic with the grimoire. Crescere arbor! " I say and the glasses fix themselves. I look at Hermione and Harry with a huge smile. Hagrid walks off and I grab Harry's arm pulling him with Hermione and I.

"Come on, everyone's been so worried." Hermione says. We all walk into Flourish and Blotts. The Weasley family is there and Molly Weasley pulls Harry and I into a hug while Hermione talks with her parents.

"Thank goodness. We'd hoped you'd only gone one grate too far." Molly says as she brushes ash off of Harry.

"You used floo powder?" I asked. He nodded and I had to hold in a giggle. A reporter starts to talk up at the front of the bookstore. 

"Ladies and Gentleman, Mr. Gilderoy Lockhart." the reporter shouts and everyone looks up and claps at the man standing up at the front. He was good-looking, yes, but something about him was off. He mumbles something about Harry and the reporter that shoved his way to the front, grabs Harry by his shoulder and has him stand next to Mr. Lockhart. The reporter snaps a picture of them.

"Ladies and gentleman, what an extraordinary moment this is. When young Harry stepped into Flourish and Blotts this morning, to purchase my autobiography, Magical Me," Lockhart assumes and everyone claps and girls are fluttering their eyelashes, including Hermione. Ron and I give each other disgusted looks then look back up to the front. "which, incidentally, is currently celebrating... its 27th week atop Daily Prophet bestseller list, he had no idea, in fact, that he would be leaving with my entire collected works, free of charge." he brags and I smell a familiar scent of vanilla and mint but I look around and don't see anyone. People clap for Harry and he walks towards us. Molly takes his books to get them signed and she asks for all of us to wait outside. We all walk to the front door with Harry and I in front when we are stopped by a familiar looking platinum blonde boy.

"Bet you loved that, didn't you Potter. Famous Harry Potter. Can't go into a bookshop without making the front page." Draco spat. A lot of his features are more sharp and stand out more. He's also a bit taller than me and his hair is slicked back like before.

"Leave him alone." Ginny steps up and looks at Draco.

"Look, Potter. You've got yourself a girlfriend." Draco laughs.

"Draco," I say at him and his laughing stops. His hatred for Harry has definitely increased. He glares at Harry at someone behind him taps him on the shoulder with a cane.