Five

Year 1

The Philosophers Stone

As Hermione and I were walking to our next class, I felt someone grab my arm. We both turned around, expecting Pansy or one of her minions but instead it was Draco. 

"Can we speak? Alone." He asked. I looked at Hermione and motioned my head to the class door and she hesitantly walked off. He pulled me around an empty corner and we kind of just stood there staring into each others eyes for a few seconds.

"What did you want to talk about?" I questioned breaking the the somewhat awkward silence between us. He looked down at my neck then back into my eyes.

"It's my fault what happened. I should have never trusted Pansy and given you the gift. I know you deserve-" he started to ramle a bit and I tried to cut him off multiple times but this time I got his attention.

"Draco, it's not your fault. No harm done right? Well not really at least, friends?" I asked knowing it sounded like the stupidest thing in the world to ask when it came out.

"A Slytherin and Gryffindor being friends?" he asked with a confused face. I nodded and he shrugged.

"Friends with the enemy it is." I mumbled to myself but he heard it and we both shared a laugh as we walked inside of our class. I sat next to Hermione who was eyeing me with a suspicious and confused look. I didn't say anything until she nudged me with her elbow. 

"Aren't you going to tell me what happened out there with Draco and why he's completely staring at you right now?" she whispered. I glanced over to where he was sitting and sure enough, we made eye contact for a split second before I looked back at her.

"Well, he apologized and we became friends. Nothing much really." I nonchalantly whispered. 

"You what!" she shouted making people give us strange looks. "You and Draco are now friends?" I nodded and shrugged my shoulders. "Harry isn't going to like this."

"I know." I whispered disappointedly. 

We're in Mr. Flitwick's class now, learning about levitation and I keep seeing Draco turn his head towards me. I ignore it and try my best to focus on what we're learning. 

"One of wizards most rudimentary skills is levitation, or, the ability to make objects fly. Do you all have your feathers?" he spoke and Hermione held up her feather. "Good. Now, don't forget the wrist movements we've been practicing. The swish and flick. Everyone. The swish and flick. Good. Oh, and enunciate. Wingardium Leviosa. Off you go, then."

Ron was trying to do it but he kept saying the words wrong so Hermione helped him.

"It's Leviosa, not Leviosar." she corrected. Ron looked a bit annoyed to say the least.

I began to pull out my wand but Hermione stopped me.

"Use your magic, Y/N." she quietly told me.

"My wand is my magic Hermione?" I told her.

"I mean your other magic."

"Are you mental? What if I lose control! I don't even know how my magic works!" I argued.

"Yeah, just like you also don't know how to light a ring of fire, but you did! Just focus on things that make you happy, like memories. All the other times you lost control, was because you were mad!" she protested. I groaned looking at the feather and raising my hand above it.

"If I lose control, it your fault!" I warned. She looked at me with a huge winning smile on her face. I focused every happy and exciting thing I could think of on the feather and it soon levitated in the air. I was grinning like an idiot and everyone started clapping for me, even Mr. Flitwick. I let go of my concentration and let the feather sway side to side until it landed on the desk. Class was dismissed and Hermione left me behind so she could grab her Quill she forgot on her bed. I packed up my books and went to walk out of the door but someone made me turn around.

Pansy.

I saw her with a devilish smirk on her face and all of a sudden she raised her hand but the memory of Hermione telling me I can control my magic came into my mind and I focused all of our bad memories together, on her. She swung her hand but it never collided with my face. Instead both of her hands clutched onto the sides of her head and she groaned and screamed in pain. I turned around and walked out of the doors.

That bitch does not get to mess with me. Not today.

A/N

Hey guys! So just a quick filler chapter here. I hope you're enjoying the story so far!