Fifteen

Year 2

The Chamber of Secrets

We are all now in Defense Against the Dark Arts. Everyone is in study hall, surrounding a long and sort of tall platform. It goes about two feet upwards and is covered in a cloth with the moon cycle.

"Gather round!" Lockhart shouts and everyone squishes their way to the platform. "Gather round. Can everybody see me? Can you all hear me? Excellent." Lockhart walks from one side of the platform to the other and takes the silence as a yes. He turns on his heel to look back at the long platform he's standing on. "In light of the dark events of recent weeks, Professor Dumbledore has granted me permission to start this little Dueling Club. To train you all up in case you ever need to defend yourselves, as I myself have done on countless occasions. For full details, see my published works." he takes off his coat and throws it into a group of girls who caught it and are drooling all over it. I scoff in disgust and look to my right to see Draco who appeared some time during Lockhart's dumb speech. "Let me introduce my assistant, Professor Snape." all heads turn to the empty side of the platform and Snape walks up the steps with his arms crossed over his chest. "He has sportingly agreed to help with a short demonstration. Now I don't want any of you youngsters to worry. You'll still have your Potions master when I'm through with him. Never fear." Snape and Lockhart are now standing on the full moon on the cover of the platform. Lockhart winks at Hermione, and I honestly want to throw up.

They both draw out their wands and hold them to the middle of their face then swung them down to their side. They took a bow and sharply turned around and walked to both ends of the platform and turn back around to face each other. They had their wands up in a stance. "One. Two. Three." Lockhart counted at the match started immediately.

"Expelliarmus!" Snape shouted and a orange wave made Lockhart fly backwards. There were 'Oos' going around and even a few giggles. I was bursting with laughter and so was Draco. 

Lockhart got up and walked towards him to play it off. "An excellent idea to show them that, Professor Snape. But if you don't mind me saying, it was pretty obvious what you were about to do. If I had wanted to stop you, it would have only been too easy."

"Perhaps it would be prudent to first teach the students to block unfriendly spells, Professor." Snape says. Lockhart looks quite nervous as he looks at the students and then back at Snape and puts on a fake brave face.

"An excellent suggestion, Professor Snape. Let's have a volunteer pair. Potter, Weasley, what about you?" Lockhart gestures for them to come up and Harry has a huge smile.

"Weasley's wand causes devastation with the simplest spells. We'll be sending Potter to the hospital wing in a matchbox. Might I suggest someone from my own house and other Gryffindor? Malfoy and Moonlight, perhaps. She won't be needing a wand." my eyes widen at my last name being called and I try to disappear into the crowd but nobody let me through. Snape motions for us to come on the platform and Draco hops on and helps me up. I stand next to Draco and Harry is on the opposite side of us. 2 against 1? Isn't that a bit unfair? We all walk up to the full moon and stand there.

"Wands at the ready." Lockhart announces. Both boys have their wands up.

"Scared, Potter?" Draco teases.

"You wish." Harry smirked. Both boys swung their wands to their sides and turned around. Draco and I went one way and Harry went the other. Both boys held up their wands.

"On the count of three, cast your charms to disarm your opponent. Only to disarm. Y/N, same for you. We don't want any accidents here. One. Two."

"Everte Statum! " Draco shouted and another orange wave shot out from his wand and hit Harry, sending him flying back and landing on his side. He got up after hearing the Slytherins in the room laughing. Harry pointed his wand back at Draco.