Eight

Year 1

The Philosophers Stone

I woke up earlier than usual today. Why? Because it's started to snow! My favorite thing in the whole year! I quickly packed my luggage for break and had one of the 7 year Gryffindor boys bring it down for me. I let it sit in a far corner next to Hermione's. She went down to tell the boys about the restricted section of the library for a guy named Nicholas Flamel. I could barely pay attention though, because for some reason my mind kept going back to Draco. I shrugged it off and went on with my day.

"Wake up Y/N come on! Ron's waiting for us to meet in the common room!" Hermione shouted at me. I rolled off the bed and she basically dragged me down. I made some iced coffee to wake me up and Ron was shouting for Harry.

"Happy Christmas, Harry!" He shouted.

"Happy Christmas, Ron!" Harry said back. 

We watched as Harry ran down from the inside balcony, down the stairs and he grabbed his presents. I opened almost all of mine already, but there was one with Draco's name on it. I decided not to open it in front of Harry since I still haven't told him about Draco and our secret friendship. I just put it in one of my bags. Harry got a really cool invisibility cloak that was once his father's. Harry decided it would be best to use it when he went to the restricted section of the library. So he went when everyone was meant to be in bed.

Nothing much happened today. Just Hermione and I left Hogwarts for Christmas break. I was on the train and told Hermione about the gift. It was a necklace with a Gryffindor and a Slytherin symbol on it. I wore it all through the break and for some reason I expected an owl from Draco, but I didn't get one. The Moonlight Mansion was in full party mode all through break, which meant I pretty much stayed in my room all day, every day. Hermione and I sent owls back a forth for most of break. 

When it was finally time to go back to Hogwarts, I was more excited than ever. I got to be back with my three best friends and even Draco.

When I arrived, I quickly got settled back in.

A/N

I'm sorry this chapter is short and boring! This is just a chapter to reason for why Y/N acts so weird when she gets back to school. She is more excited about everything and willing to take an adventure! Feel free to skip it if you'd like, there is no importance and I won't take any offence since I'd probably skip it too lol. -Y.