Twenty Eight

Year 3

The Prisoner of Azkaban

Lunch was over and classes started soon but none of the Adequate Aurors went. I stayed in the attire and aimlessly walked around the halls, taking in every detail like I would never see it again.

"Y/N." I hear a soft voice from behind me. I turn around and look at him on the other end of the hall.

"Draco." I whispered. I was so sure he hadn't heard me until he ran towards me and engulfed me in a huge hug.

"Why didn't you tell me?" he whispered in my ear. Gosh, his voice. I missed his voice.

"I couldn't tell anyone. I had to stay away." I whisper back.

"You're Adequate Auror Number One." he mumbled. I think he was talking more to himself than me. "You came and left again."

"I know I'm so sorry." I say, tears threatening to spill down my eyes.

"Don't leave me again." he begged.

"I can't stay here. Hogwarts is my home but I have other people that need me." I tell him as I pull away. I saw the tears in his eyes that slowly dripped down. I cupped his face and wiped them away. I saw how vulnerable he was. He was never like this. Not even with me.

"I need you." he said very quietly. The tear fell down my cheek before I could stop it.

"I'll be at Hogwarts for a while until we catch Sirius Black." I assure him.

"Are you dating any of the guys from your Auror Squad?" he shyly asks.

"What? No, those three guys are like my brothers. Except for Axel. He's more of a best friend." I say.

"Then I'll do this while I can." he says taking a step forward.

"Do what--" I'm cut off by warm lips against mine. I knew I wanted this. So I kissed him back and I felt his tenseness leave. The kiss wasn't needy or greedy. It was long and passionate. Like all of his sadness drifted away and was replaced by happiness. My hands subconsciously went to his hair and I ran my fingers through it. His silky hair. I could tell he wanted to deepen the kiss but we were interrupted by a loud fake cough. We both jerked away and I turned my head to look at Jack who was standing there.

"I was going to tell you to patrol like Scrimgeour asked but you're busy snogging a guy 5 minutes after we arrive." Jack teasingly says.

"I'll go patrol." I sneer at him. I reluctantly let go of Draco and walked over to Jack and turned my head to him. "If you ever ruin a moment where I am happy like that, I'll melt you." I whisper and smile at him innocently as I walk away, leaving his eyes wide. I went to go patrol but I kept replaying the kiss. Over and over. It was, amazing. And speaking of Draco, he's walking here now.

"What did you tell Jack that left him standing there with wide eyes?" he asked.

"I told him if he ever ruined a moment where I was that happy ever again, I'll melt him." I chirped.

"Those four months really did change you." He lowly said. His voice was low and husky. His face was inching closer to me. He was so close we were sharing the same air. Our lips ghosted as he looked into my eyes then to my lips.

"Is it ok?" he asks.

"Yes." I whisper and that was all it took for him to connect the small gap once more. It was only a few seconds before I pulled away from the kiss. I heard Scrimgeour's owl flying and it landed on my hand. I grabbed the parchment from his beak and let him fly off.